How to spot fake ESP

Updated
How to spot fake ESP

Hey guys,

Do you have any knowledge regarding fake guitars and how to spot them?

Maybe guitar companies should start a database where we could register original guitars and verify their authenticity. I understand that, I his is extra cost but we have to somehow protect ourselves from not honest seller, specially when we buy used instruments.

Pushead

The N427 and the CE have to do with the manufacturing process, that it was made without cancer causing materials or something like that.

It looks like there may have been a serial number between the tuners, but it's hard to tell from the pic. I don't see anything that makes me concerned here. I will say that even for an LTD version, the wear spots are pretty bad compared to the ESP version.

Enea D.

So it's a legit LTD but not the best they have ever produced thank you so much! 

Enea D.

Update: I asked the vendor for another photo of the back head and everything seems ok, I already verified the serial number on esp site and it's ok

Enea D.

Pushead

Yep, a 2007 model.

Doug H.

Does this look real or fake.

Doug H.

Pushead

As I said in your other post, it looks good to me.

Kostas K.

ty for your help.Purchased today.Outstanding ESP quality as usual

Rob M.

Hello there!
Is this legit? 
This guys is selling by a very cheap price! I had a LTD one which I sold for more... 

The black hardware is bothering me.

Pushead

Hi, Rob. I'd stay far away from that one. There's more than just the black hardware that's wrong with that. It's a pretty bad fake.

Rob M.

Hello there mate. 
I thought so. haha

Many thanks! =)

Giorgi M.

can you please tell me too thank you!

Giorgi M.

Hello guys is my LTD M-10 real? i bought it today thanks for answer

Giorgi M.

Pushead

Hi Giorgi. The M-10 is legit. A 2019 model.

Rob M.

Hello guys, this is me again... 
Can you help me please authenticate this one? 

Pushead

Wait a minute. This is the second "USA Custom" posted this week with the same goofy looking logo. Where did you come across this?

Here's the first one:
https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963224/posts/4697430-esp-custom-m-ii-1991-is-it-real

As I said in his post, the logo "inlay" as well as the USA Custom look very suspect, as does the size of the dot inlays.

Rob M.

It is pretty similar.

This guy is selling it in a brazilian ebay (MercadoLivre). 

He says it was manufactured in New York in 1991.  He is charging a considerable amount for it, around USD 3,600.00. 

Ash body, ebony fingerboard. 

Alexandre Grunheidt

OMG! That`s exactly like mine! I even tried to contact John Gaudesi on Linkedin to ask him if the signature is his.

Rob M.

I guess it is legit and rare then? hahaha Did you manage to contact him? 

Waiting for Pushead opinions on it. 

Rob M.

Wait... Now I've noticed that Alexandre is brazilian too. 
What are the odds? Two "strange" guitars in the same country... hahaha

Alexandre Grunheidt

Hey Rob! Can you send me the link to this add at Mercado Livre?

Pushead

My opinion is a bit guarded. I don't like the logos or the shape of the rear cavity. If Alexandre has a way to get in touch with Mr. Gaudesi, I'll defer to his answer.

Rob M.
Alexandre Grunheidt

The information about the signature on the neck was key to solve the mistery. YES! THE GUITAR IS LEGIT AND IS A CUSTOM USA BUILD!
Here is what John Gaudesi sent me on Linkedin:

Greetings Sir, I did build this guitar. I believe it was for the 97 Namm Show. The logo was something we experimented with briefly when looking at doing a possible limited USA line. This was a one off. Fun times. All the best, John

Thank you so much!

Joe C.

Hello everybody

Can you guys help me with this ?

Post to Thread