How to spot fake ESP

Updated
How to spot fake ESP

Hey guys,

Do you have any knowledge regarding fake guitars and how to spot them?

Maybe guitar companies should start a database where we could register original guitars and verify their authenticity. I understand that, I his is extra cost but we have to somehow protect ourselves from not honest seller, specially when we buy used instruments.

Pushead

I have spaces in a few of mine, but nothing quite like that. I probably would have taken the chance if it was a guitar I was interested in. it looks pretty good, I just don't know why people can't take simple, straight-on photos.

Pushead

I wouldn't buy it based on the photo quality. It's 2020 and everyone has a camera on them at all times, but this guy couldn't be bothered to put a clear photo up.

There's something about the guitar that makes me feel uneasy. Perhaps it's just the added pickup selector poker-chip. The logos seem to be correct (but it's hard to get a good look as they took all the photos while running through the room). The cutaways on the back also seem a bit off. It's probably fine, but I'd ask for better photos, first.

Pushead

Yeah, these are a lot better. Guitar is legit, a 2012 model.

Morbid D.

Is this EC-400 original?  Thanks.

Pushead

Yeah, it's legit. A 2006 model.

Pushead

Looks like a 2016 LTD KH-202. Someone bought stickers for it and put them on.

Joseph A.

Hey guys. I need help identifying if this one is a fake or not. thank you

Pushead

It's a bit odd that there isn't a serial number on the back, but the guitar looks to be a legit EC-400.

Lui C.

Hey guys could you please help me recognize this guitar?

Pushead

The guitar is legit and a 2011 model. The M at the 12th fret indicates It's from a beginners pack, which came with an amp, an instrument cable and a few other goodies. It would be equivalent to an LTD M-10.

Lui C.

Hey thanks a lot! I received it as a gift and I was wondering how much was worth.

Pushead

As I said in the other thread, it looks good to me.

Terry B.

Hey - Bumped into this site while looking for ESP info.  

I didn't know ESP was "a thing", as I'm a jazz bass player - BUT - my wife bought a ESP/LTD a number of years back and never did anything with it.  It's also a lefty, so I don't know if that matters or not.  She has decided to try and sell it, so I'm looking for any info that could help date/authenticate and appropriately price it.  The "sticker" on the finger board is MH-250NT, serial # printed on the back of the headstock is IRO632561 (made in Indonesia).  I also understand there is a lot of confusion around serial numbers, et al, after the factory fire and there was no real consistent numbering of stock at any point in time  if I understand the articles I find on line are correct.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your consideration and comments.  I also have numerous photos I can provide.

Take care.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Pushead

It's a 2006 model. You can find out more info from the product catalog at:

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/088/ESP-2006-Catalog.pdf?1392144651

Mehmet Uluc S.

Hello, 

I bought an ESP M-II with back in 2012. I've been happy with it so far but I never checked if it was real or not. I bought it from a shop in Melbourne/Australia. Can you tell it from the images? I tried to check it from the serial number but I am not sure how, so I decided to ask here. Nut locks are not on the guitar since I've just changed the strings and did not put it back. Thanks!

Pushead

It's a legit M-II from 2009.

Mehmet Uluc S.

Thats great. I was suspecting because I could not see emg version with maple neck on 2009 ESP catalog. But it plays and feels great, thanks for confirming.

Post to Thread