How to spot fake ESP

Updated
How to spot fake ESP

Hey guys,

Do you have any knowledge regarding fake guitars and how to spot them?

Maybe guitar companies should start a database where we could register original guitars and verify their authenticity. I understand that, I his is extra cost but we have to somehow protect ourselves from not honest seller, specially when we buy used instruments.

Pushead

It's a legit late 1990s Viper Standard. Here's a link to the 1998 catalog for more details.

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/080/ESP-1998-Catalog.pdf?1392144585

Patrick S.

Hey guys. Just bought a Truckster, and didnt think about that it could be a fake. Now there weeks later this starts to worry me. What do you think?

Pushead

It's legit. 2005 model.

Patrick S.

Thanks! 

Ricardo Queiroz

Hey guys! I know that this is an old thread, but I'd like some help. I'm about to buy an used ESP Les Paul James Hetfield Signature for a good price, but I couldn't find any pic of this specific model online. Judging for the serial number it's legit and it was crafted in 2007. Can anybody say something about this model ? Does it look fake? 

Sephiroth

It's fake.

Out of interest what signature model did you think it was?

Only two Iron cross models produced. 

The 2009 limited Iron cross model?https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963222/posts/2151190-fs-esp-iron-cross-2009-the-day-that-never-comes

Or the white Iron cross Signature series model? https://www.espguitars.com/products/9332-esp-iron-cross-sw?category_id=1963396-james-hetfield

Guiguitarz

Oh gosh 

Pushead

It's the fakest fake guitar I've seen, and I've seen some doozies.

But I'm sure you knew that from the price.

Ian H.

Hey guys I'm really interested in this guitar on Ebay. Can i get some feedback on if it's legit or not? Not sure i feel about the sanded down neck but it looks awesome otherwise.

Pushead

The guitar is legit. A previous owner sanded the neck finish off, it's not stock.

Ian H.

Good to know thanks! I assume it would be easy to just have some re-paint the neck if i wanted it back to looking stock?

Or would it be hard to match the black?

Pushead

You'd have to ask someone who paints. I don't have any experience. Sorry.

Chris C.

Hi. I was getting nervous and wondered if I bought a fake. Any help with this would be much appreciated.  Thank you so much.                                                    Chris

Chris C.

The CE is like a sticker

Pushead

It's legit. 2005 model.

Chris C.

Awesome. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

Erik H.

Hey what do you guys think, about this two beauties.
The Tele is a custom shop model from Düsseldorf, Germany around the 1990.
The other one is a Horizon FR II STBK.

Jon B.

I have a ltd ec-10 In black satin I want to know if it's real bought from zzounds in Oakland NJ I'm hoping it's real 

Pushead

It's hard to tell from just this pic, but I feel safe saying that it's legit. Zzounds isn't going to screw around with fake guitars.

Jon B.

I have more pics 

vincent h.

Hey guys! I'm going to check this one out later. I do have some experience with ESP but not so much with this era. It looks awesome and doesnt have any obvious no-no's but I wanted to check with you before I pull the plug. I know the 90's had some pretty quirky Esp's and this one is no exception. 

Post to Thread