TAKAMINE LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY & INSTRUMENT INFO
NOTE: Please contact your authorized TAKAMINE Dealer or Distributor regarding all warranty claims.
Your new Takamine instrument is warranted to be free of any defects in materials and workmanship if used under normal operating conditions for the life of the original retail purchaser, subject to the limitations described below. This warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the original purchaser when product is purchased as NEW from an Authorized Takamine Dealer. Instruments sold as Factory Seconds (B-STOCK) do not carry a lifetime warranty, but are limited to a 90-day manufacturer’s warranty. Electronic parts and guitar hardware are limited to a warranty period of one (1) year from date of purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: IN ORDER TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY, SUBMIT YOUR WARRANTY REGISTRATION TO TAKAMINE WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE. PLEASE RETAIN YOUR SALES RECEIPT, AS IT IS YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE, AND IS REQUIRED FOR ALL WARRANTY SERVICE REQUESTS. THIS WARRANTY IS EXTENDED TO THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER ONLY AND IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
If this Takamine instrument malfunctions at any time as a result of faulty materials or workmanship, Takamine will repair the defect(s) or replace the instrument, as it deems appropriate, at its sole discretion. In the event that original materials are no longer available, Takamine reserves the right to use materials regularly utilized at the time of repair. If replacement of customer’s instrument is deemed necessary by our staff, Takamine will replace the instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of customer’s instrument.
This limited lifetime warranty covers the cost of both labor and materials on any repair deemed necessary by our Warranty Department Representative for the lifetime of the original retail purchaser. In the unlikely event that the customer’s instrument is destroyed, lost, or damaged beyond repair, while in the possession of Takamine for warranty repair, Takamine will replace that instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of customer’s instrument. Owner at owner’s expense must carry any insurance covering the instrument, including but not limited to collector’s value insurance. Only Authorized Takamine Dealers & Takamine’s own service centers may perform warranty service and any service performed by unauthorized persons will void this warranty. Takamine shall not be held liable for any and all defects or damage caused by services performed by unauthorized persons.
This Warranty is Subject to the following Limitations and Exclusions
The following items are not covered by this warranty:
- Any instrument whose serial number is missing or has been altered or tampered with in any manner.
- Any instrument that has been modified after original shipment from Takamine.
- Any instrument whose warranty registration card has been altered or upon which false information has been given.
- Any factory-installed electronics and hardware after a period of one (1) year following the original date of purchase.
- Any instrument that was NOT purchased from an Authorized Takamine dealer, or upon which any unauthorized repair or service has been performed.
- The cost of an initial setup, adjustments, or regular maintenance of your new instrument, including neck/truss rod adjustments, string changes, action adjustment, intonation, or loose hardware.
- Normal wear and tear on any serviceable part of the instrument including electronic controls, switches and jacks, worn frets, plated surfaces, tuning machines, string replacement, scratches in pickguards or plastic parts, saddles and nuts.
- Normal paint wear and tear including damages, cracking, sinking, discoloration, and paint shrinkage of the instrument finish for any reason.
- Subjective issues such as tonal characteristics, grade and color of wood or finish.
- Cosmetic characteristics related to finish consistency, replicability, application, retention, and durability.
- Cosmetic characteristics that do not impede the playability or standard functionality of the instrument.
- Defects in finishes such as cracks, splitting, or warping of wood due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to sun, fire, moisture, body salts and acids, other chemicals or non-industry approved polishes.
- Instruments that have been subjected to extreme humidity or temperature conditions.
- Playability of an instrument whose “action”, or string height, is lower than recommended standard “action” settings defined in the Takamine owner’s manual.
- Damage as a result of strap button pulling out of body (Note: Factory straps mounted to the body can only withstand so much pressure. They are not intended to withstand any severe abuse. If player will be using a strap, Takamine recommends that player check strap and buttons prior to use in order to avoid any mishaps. Takamine will not be responsible for any such claims.)
- All other defects, deterioration, and damage due to normal use, wear and tear, aging, misuse, neglect, improper operation, abuse, accident, theft, or acts of Nature.
- Case, and case hardware, wear and tear of any kind.
- Shipping damages of any kind.
- Freight charges to Takamine or Authorized Takamine Dealer for customer owned goods.
- The labor reimbursement cost or parts replacement cost of any repair not authorized or performed by Takamine.
- Any and all charges if no problem is found at time of repair/inspection.
- Any and all charges incurred from priority service requests (Rush Service) or priority shipping for replacement parts or return of customer’s merchandise.
TAKAMINE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY NEITHER FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT NOR FOR ANY LOSS OF INCOME, SATISFACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE LOSS OF USE OF SAME DUE TO DEFECTS OR AVAILABILITY OF SAME DURING SERVICE. THE FOREGOING CONSTITUTES THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY TAKAMINE WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND IS MADE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IMPOSED UNDER STATE LAW ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO YOU. TAKAMINE SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY THE PURCHASER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INSTRUMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, EVEN IF TAKAMINE OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND TAKAMINE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSES, CLAIMS, OR SUITS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY OF THE FORGOING.
This warranty gives you specific rights, which vary from state to state. No representative or other person is authorized to assume for Takamine any liability except as stated in this warranty.
How to Obtain Warranty Service
If you experience any malfunction that is covered under Takamine’s Limited Lifetime Warranty, you should notify the Takamine Dealer where the instrument was purchased. If this Dealer is not available, please contact your nearest Takamine Dealer or Distributor. The Dealer must ship the instrument, freight and insurance pre-paid to Takamine.
For a list of authorized Takamine Dealers and Distributors, please visit our website at www.esptakamine.com/dealers.
RETURNING YOUR INSTRUMENT:
Owner carrying Original Purchaser’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is responsible for all freight & insurance costs to ship the instrument to Takamine or the nearest Authorized Takamine Dealer. They must contact Takamine for information and an authorization to return any Takamine products. No instrument may be returned to Takamine without such prior authorization. If a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA#) is not clearly marked on all packages being returned to Takamine, they WILL BE REFUSED!
After the returned instrument is inspected upon its arrival, Takamine or the Authorized Takamine Dealer will advise the Owner of the approximate date of completion. The repaired instrument or part will be returned to the Dealer or Owner freight and insurance prepaid.
Only Authorized Takamine Dealers & Takamine’s own service centers may perform warranty service and any service performed by unauthorized persons will void this warranty. Takamine shall not be held liable for any and all defects or damage caused by services performed by unauthorized persons.
PLEASE NOTE: Takamine does not offer repair service of any kind other than warranty repair service. If your guitar needs any service or maintenance that is not covered under warranty, it should be taken to any qualified professional.
For more information:
Write: Takamine Warranty Service Center
10913 Vanowen St., North Hollywood, CA 91605
Email: email@example.com -or- Contact Support