How to spot fake ESP

Updated
How to spot fake ESP

Hey guys,

Do you have any knowledge regarding fake guitars and how to spot them?

Maybe guitar companies should start a database where we could register original guitars and verify their authenticity. I understand that, I his is extra cost but we have to somehow protect ourselves from not honest seller, specially when we buy used instruments.

Pushead

Hi John. No, it's not real. There are lots of tells, but we'll pick the logo and headstock shape as the first red flags and leave it there.

john J.

Thanks

Alizah S.

hinese are good at gibson LPs, but not much to a eclipse, specially the 24 frets, dnt think they do that

maybe do a quick trip to the ESP forums, they should be able to tell you better, plus they might have a serial number calculator so they could tell if its real and when excactly was made

john J.

Let's try this one... Real? 

Ken R.

I’d like to know if this looks right?  I can’t determine but still have an open window to return it.  I registered it with ESP, that went through their system…but what does that even mean?

anyone have thoughts? Thx in advance,

Ken

I can grab more pics if anyone needs.

thx again.

Pushead

Hi Ken. The guitar is a legit 2014 TL-6. The humbucker isn't stock. I'd be curious to know how it's wired into the system.

Jo M.

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/esp-eclipse-ctm-1-689869692/

Is this guitar legit? I am worried because the eclipse label seems to be cut out in an rectangular shape..

Pushead

Hi Jo. The guitar is legit, no idea why the serial number and the "Eclipse" logo on the headstock look like they have tape over them.

yeyed b.

I'm looking for a good guitar

Laverna S.

Thanks

George A.

Hello there. Wanted to know if this is genuine or fake? Thank you for any and all help.

-George

Pushead

Hi George. It's legit, a 2021 Eclipse.

Giacomo P.

Hello guys, would you be so kind to tell me if this ESP Ninja is genuine?
ESP Ninja (AV-395) Custom Ordered/ Custom shop (Michael Amott/ Arch Enemy), with ESP flight case and Certificate of Authenticity.

This is what the seller says

CONDITION:
Excellent. Collectors grade. One tiny impression on lower fin, one lacquer imperfection on back and some surface only hairline marks.

DESCRIPTION:
Extremely rare, pre-production ESP Ninja. Michael Amott received his very own Ninja the same year in 2004. ESP are known to manufacture a couple of guitars for the actual artist. Only custom ordered ESP guitars are supplied with a Certificate of Authenticity stating "One of a Kind Instrument" and optioned with a $400 ESP flight case. Note further, that ESP production custom shop and standard Ninja's do NOT have Michael Amott's signature on the headstock; only his personal custom ordered Ninja does.

Sicosuicide

Hey everyone,

If someone can validate if this esp that I own is real or fake I'd greatly appreciate it. It's supposed to be around an 80s esp explorer. I've had it for some time, I purchased it off of someone on reverb.

Pushead

Hi Giacomo, the Ninja looks great. A 2004 model from the Takada Custom Shop. I can't speak to the signature on the headstock. I don't remember well enough if the production ones came with it. What I can say is that I see more of the guitars artists play that came from the Takada shop (T on the serial number) than any of the others.

Sico, I can't say I've ever seen an explorer from that era, but the hardware and logos all check out as correct. I'd guess legit, but I probably wouldn't pay a ton for it, either.

Dustin R.

Real or fake:

Post to Thread