ESP Custom M-II 1991. Is it real?

Updated
ESP Custom M-II 1991. Is it real?

Hi!

I just bought this guitar as a Custom Shop build in 1991 in the USA shop.
But there's some odd things about it, starting with the logo. Can someone tell me more about on how they managed things back in 1991 and if this is a real American ESP?

Pushead

Well, there was a "USA shop" in the late 90s. This looks to be from 97 and the signature looks like it could be from John Gaudesi, who built those guitars. I don't know a ton about what all was available, but I think over 95% were bolt-on. The logo and graphic on the headstock is somewhat concerning to me.

Is there any chance we could get photos of the whole guitar? Front and back?

Alexandre Grunheidt

Sure! Here it is!

Pushead

It looks pretty good. The dot inlays feel pretty big, but that might just be the angle. The control cavity also seems big, but I don't have any experience with the USA models from that era. It's a bit oversized compared to the Japanese models.

nancy n.

I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also 

Pushead

There is another guitar with the same odd looking logo and seemingly oversized dots. Where did you come across this guitar?

The other one can be found here:
https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963226/posts/2072404-how-to-spot-fake-esp?page=10

Alexandre Grunheidt

I bought it in Brazil. The seller told me that the former owner bought it from the one who ordered it at the Custom Shop in NY.

If that signature is from John Gaudesi, it tells us that this guitar could only be built from 95 to 2002

Alexandre Grunheidt

Hi Pushead!
The information about the signature on the neck was key to solve the mistery. YES! THE GUITAR IS LEGIT AND IS A CUSTOM USA BUILD!
Here is what John Gaudesi sent me on Linkedin:

Greetings Sir, I did build this guitar. I believe it was for the 97 Namm Show. The logo was something we experimented with briefly when looking at doing a possible limited USA line. This was a one off. Fun times. All the best, John

Thank you so much! I`ll sleep better now! 

Pushead

Good to know! Congrats Alexandre!

Jewel Galore

Jewelgalore presents a mesmerizing collection of  Kundan jewellery . Explore our range of elegantly crafted pieces, each showcasing the timeless beauty and intricate craftsmanship of this traditional art.

Jewel Galore

Explore the charm of traditional elegance with Jewel Galore's jhumka earrings . Our collection pays homage to the timeless beauty of Indian jewelry, offering a stunning range of designs.

Post to Thread