Post your LTD's

Updated
Slatanic
I'll post mine up in a bit
Bas D.

Very cool guitars dude!

Are the gold EMGs on the EC-256 aged? they look aged, very cool!
And offcourse, the EXP's are awesome :D

Josh in NY

I too like the collection! That EC256 with the gold and the JH-3 pinstripe kit looks sharp. I'm looking to do the same thing with my EC407, but in white. I'm looking forward to that...

load more replies (1 of 1)
greenman

mind if I ask where you got the Truckster emblem for the EC-256?

ProfessorExp

mind if I ask where you got the Truckster emblem for the EC-256?

Got it a while back from another member on the board that modded his truckster and didn't need it anymore.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Explorer45

Nice collection dude. :)

rumblebox

i want those cack stacks.

Bas D.

Nice! How do you like the Te-202?

jt76

The te-202 is a really good tele guitar. I have a sunburst with rosewood neck ( its posted on this board post number 1912 on page 96). I prefer it to any fender tele I have every tried. It is not a nice as My 400 series esp tele ( the best tele i have ever played at any price point). The te-202 are made in vietnam and the quality is exellent for the price. The stock pickups are very compressed and really good distorted, but lack some clarity for clean. I replace my neck with a ducan custom ( sh5). It is supposed to be a bridge pickup, but it worked great in the neck of the te202. I retained the articulation and scream when used distorted, but gained a really nice blues / jazz tone for clean. I put a duncan vintage stack in the bridge, I am running it split as a single coil, because I didn't think it sounded telecaster enough as a humbucker. eventually i will put in a switch in so I can use it either way. The working side of these guitars are great. It has a really nice fretboard and the hardware is decent. The fit and finish on this guitar is not particularly great. The hardware is put on a bit sloppy. pickard and bridge screws put in at angles and thing like that but nothing that affects the playability. So if you are really picky, I would say maybe not. Overall I really like this guitar if it were
broken of stolen I would probably save up some money and get a used esp tele. Otherwise I plan on keeping the te202 for a while.

B_Snyder

Hi, sorry it's taking me so long to reply. I am a Fender Tele player from way back. I have owned many of them; some good, some not so good, and some awesome. I bought the TE-202 as a way to get a cheap relic. I had been looking at them on the web and found one in a store while visiting my folks out of town. I was shocked at how well the guitar played and sounded right off the rack. That, coupled with the price, was a no-brainer for me.

Now, this isn't your Grandfather's Tele. To me, it's a Tele meant for shredders. IOW, a classic style Tele has a 7.25 or 9.5" fretboard radius. The frets are usually either small vintage or medium-jumbo. The TE-202's fretboard radius has got to be 16" or flatter; plus the extra jumbo frets. I have gotten used to it but it was a challenge in the beginning. Most of my Teles have all been the classic style. When I got my TE-202 home, it took a bit to get used to it. That said, the body has a very nice balance to it ind just feels great. The neck, itself, is pretty chunky; but very manageable.

The pickups and hardware are the weak points AFAIC (except the neck pickup). The bridge pickup was really bright and harsh. The neck pickup was nice; but a little mushy. I replaced the pots and the cheap switch. I installed a pair of CTS 500k pots and a Switchcraft 3-way blade switch. I also replaced the bridge pickup with a GFS Lil Puncher Modern Vintage Tele bridge pickup.

GFS Lil Puncher

GFS recommends 500k for their rails pickups. It sounds like a nicely overwound Tele pickup that reads 10k. It still twangs like I like but can rock too. Installing the 500k pots made the neck pickup really come to life. It's so warm and soulful; with a nice punch when you push it.

The bridge and tuners? They are very cheap but I'll keep them. One thing I did was to ground the bridge. I drilled a small hole that goes from the bridge pickup cavity to a spot underneath the bridge. I ran a ground wire and now there's no hum from the bridge.

The element of this guitar that I don't like whatsoever? The pickguard....

ESP has made these guitars so that you have to use the stock pickguard and nothing else; save an expensive custom pickguard. Fender, Warmoth, and others don't fit without much filing and trimming.

So, there ya go. That's how I like my TE-202.

klarz77

I am trying to post my ltd guitars but no luck

jt76

I am trying to post my ltd guitars but no luck

you can resize your images to the required specs for this forum - I have not had any luck doing that and still having a decent image.

a better option is

You need to join an image hosting service, I there are plenty of free services. Upload your images to that and then when you are posting here use the insert link button located in the text options box that will be above where you are typing.

I use flickr, it is free, it is stable, is has been around a long time and will
most likely contiune to be. That mean your images will stay with your post and not dissapear. on the down side, uploading to flickr is slow.
Others may have better recomendations.

Best luck, hope to see your ltd's

jt76

I was responding to klarz77 about posting images, It reminded me to ask about galleries. Has anyone been able to sucessfully set up images in the gallery in your profile section. I have not been able to figure that out.

deus ex machina

Upload them to photobucket or dropbox or something. Honestly, the whole "attatched images" thing kinda sucks...

klarz77

Thanks ,, I will give it a try,,I have 4 ltds,mv200,mv300, mh301fr and my latest buy mh400fr

Irontusk73

I was thinking of painting the white pickup black but i'm kinda digging it this, thoughts?

Just get a white or ivory (I can't tell which it is) bridge pickup. White EMG's are the jam!

Bas D.

That H-302 is awesome!

Justinschut

Indeed! I love my H-301

rumblebox

Cockstock love

davedeath

Cockstock love
:)

rumblebox

Is tht a crunch lab? If so, how does it sound in that horizon?

tyler t.

Is tht a crunch lab? If so, how does it sound in that horizon?

yes, crunch lab/liquid fire. it gets the perfect crunch for teh Djent lol its a well rounded pickup for sure.

tyler t.

why the fuck doesnt that EC1000 have an ebony board? wtf happened?

Bas D.

why the fuck doesnt that EC1000 have an ebony board? wtf happened?

It could be the one that comes stock with the JB pickups, but he swapped them for EMG's. They come with a rosewood board I believe

Post to Thread