What strings do you prefer?

Updated
High Skool Artist
has this been made before? i prefer ghs guitar boomers on my ltd viper, dean markly's on my other 2 guitars, ernieball phospher bronze on my acoustic and whatevers in regular tension for my classical
Helldragon

Elixir 10-46 :)

Dæmonium

Dean Markley Blue Steels, all the way. While I do love D'Addario and sometimes Elixir, 90% of the time it's the Blue Steels. They feel great, last long, and have a warmer sound to them, which is great because I play a lot of jazz and general clean stuff.

For my acoustics, Martin strings. Simply the best acoustic strings ever made.

DR is also good though!

Radiopools

I just put on a new set of EB .11's last night, and so far I'm loving them. First experience with anything higher than ten's, and I'm really appreciating them. I'm currently tuned to C# and these strings are amazing. I don't really like EB's, but these eleven's are good. For my usual ten's I use D'Addario or GHS, whichever is more readily avail.

Trogdor

Elixir 10-46 on my Eb Floyd

Blue Steel and D'Addario for everything else

InVinoVeritasXXX

Ernie Ball Skinny Top, Heavy Bottom, in drop D.

bloodstyle

i've just ordered 2 set of elixir 9-42 (had only 25$ on my paypal) and i can't wait to see how they feel. i need to order them cuz the dumass guitar dealer in my city doesnt have even one set

garyjfoster

d'addario 11-48

garyjfoster

i use d'addario 11-48 on my esp ltd viper 400's in d tuning

JMad81

GHS Boomers. I use 10-46 on my V and horizon and 10-52 on my eclipses. I just got a pack of SITs for buying an ESP so im excited to give those a try.

Kannon

GHS Boomers 11s on all my guitars (ESP, Hamer, and BC Rich). I think I have Martin acoustic strings or something on my Ovation--I can't even remember since I don't play it much and it's a relic from the 60s.

I'm thinking of changing though. All I know is I tried the Dunlop Icon Zakk Wylde set once and hated them, too unbalanced.

bloodstyle

I've just received my Elixir Polyweb electric guitar string through ebay and IT IS DAMN AWSOME!!! the feel is just great and better than any other strings i've tried. smooth and clear. not much of the fret noise. that's very a good brand.
cost me 12.50$CA tough...

The Funnel Weaver

Currently using EB Beefy Slinky 11-54 in Drop C. They're okay, I really like the guage, I just wish I could find another brand that came in 11-54.

Not only that, but I don't really like the 22P gauge G-string. It just feels weird.

xchumfiestax

Currently using EB Beefy Slinky 11-54 in Drop C. They're okay, I really like the guage, I just wish I could find another brand that came in 11-54.

Not only that, but I don't really like the 22P gauge G-string. It just feels weird.

I've been using a wound 22

Post to Thread