What strings do you prefer?

Updated
High Skool Artist
has this been made before? i prefer ghs guitar boomers on my ltd viper, dean markly's on my other 2 guitars, ernieball phospher bronze on my acoustic and whatevers in regular tension for my classical
High Skool Artist

preference change, ernieball hybrid slinky, cuz the ghs strings had a good distortion sound but a horrible clean sound(yes im 110% sure i was in tune), the ernieball strings have good in both

Zakk Amott

GHS 10/60 and (a mix of 12/52 and 10/60) : 12/60

I tried Ernie Ball wich sounds great but each time 2 or 3 strings broke on every set .
Dean markley nickel steel signature are great too . Blue steel are sh** .

Skull strings (11/58) last long as hell but E A and D strings are rough .

SIT strings that came stock on my Ninja were great too .

Butch

D addarios all the way,

I found the ernie ball rusts alot faster due to the temp/
humdity here but they sound good. I dont like the Ghs but i heard good things about elixir

Greatdeceiver

Boat chains, gauge .40 to .150

velo3

d'addario 10-52's was using ghs 10-52's before but just tried out the new ones and dont think ill go back.

OutlawTorn

D'addarios XL and XLS 10-46
GHS Progressives 10-46 (NON MUSTAINE)
and i find SIT 10-46 to be not that bad, great install time is a plus on them

MyApocalypse

D'addario. All of them.

willhaven

For straight D and dropped C I use a custom gauge 13-54 set made by Rogue(formerly SIT). You buy them in bulk from Musician's Friend. You order a single package containing 12 13's and they come shipped in a loosely coiled plastic bag. You order each string that way so you can get what you want. My G string is an unwound 22. It's pretty heavy to bend, but I don't do much lead stuff.

In standard E and dropped D I use 11-52 D'Addarios.

Richard A.

Ernie Ball 10-52's with a 58 for the low B on my 7. I went through Daddario's GHS DR Elixers Dean Markleys and for the last oh 10 years or so have used the EB's they just work for me

Asmodaus

I use Ernie Ball .11's on my stratocaster. Ernie Ball 10's on my explorer. Acoustic is Nylon Ernie Ball black and white.

njrusmc

+1 to blue steels. Been using 10-46 since 2002.

Hiphopopotamus

Ernie Ball 9's for all my guitars except my Ibanez which I use 11's.

KH Guitar Freak

Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies and D'Addario EXL110s...

Shreddy

DR Red Devils and CUrt Mangan s

chrisolson

I like whatever is on sale at GC.

vitod

DR Dimebag 9-42

Total Eclipse

DR's, in bulk. I have 8 sets of Dimebag 9-50's and 12 sets of Black Beauties .010-.46 on hand at almost all times.

CL4P-TP

I like the plain DR's. I don't like how the coated ones feel.

Plain DR's and Elixirs are my favorite brands I've used.

Post to Thread