What strings do you prefer?

Updated
High Skool Artist
has this been made before? i prefer ghs guitar boomers on my ltd viper, dean markly's on my other 2 guitars, ernieball phospher bronze on my acoustic and whatevers in regular tension for my classical
El Jefe

D'addarios for me, 10-46 for standard/drop D and 10-52 for drop C and lower

MikeC

DR 9-42 Tight Fits on my ESP and Dean.
Ernie Ball Regulars on my Jackson.

hermz

Dean Markley or D'Addario if I must.

Robotsatemygrandma

Ernie Ball Slinky 9's and 10's.

Richard A.

^ Same here with a 62 for my low B

CL4P-TP

I use DR High Voltage strings. I used to use Ernie Balls, but they never last for me. Elixirs and DR are the best I've used. Now that I think about it, I liked my Elixers more than the DR's I. Time to switch back I suppose.

Bridge The Void

D'addarios, purely for the vacuum seal and colour-coded ball ends...

...nah, they sound and feel nice too :p

But on a serious note, I've played Ernie Balls and not noticed that big a difference, although they broke sooner than my D'adds do. Nevertheless, that could be due to other factors. Only strings I've tried that I didn't like were Rotosound, they just didn't feel very nice at all.

ampartic

I use D'Addario, and I could be wrong but I think they are the only string company that prestretches the wire till it breaks to help eliminate weak points along the string. Plus the vacuum seal, etc, they hold themselves to higher standards than other companies. Either way I don't care but everyone is going to prefer different strings for different reasons.

SA-WEET

on my bass, i just picked some Ernie Ball Power Slinkies, 55-110. im never buying GHS Boomers again, blew out 3 D-strings, and a G-string in almost 2 months

xdaynex

hey should i get 10-52 or 11-54 guage guitar strings from eb?im putting them on a floyd in drop c tuning but i occasionally will switch to dropped d standrad(dgcfad). so which ones r better?and i know that the 11s need anotehr spring in the back.

deftoneskidd

daddario exp phosphor bronze custom lights on my acoustic.. haven't found an electric string that i can't live without, but i usually get daddario xl 10-46's or hybrid slinky's... most recently tried DR extra life electric strings.. they're ok but the coating wears off too easily.. kind of sound deadened i find..

Mark K.

for my elctric guitar DR tite-fit and for my acoustic guitar D'addario's

[NEX]

DR Extra-Life 10 - 46 (they dont carry the heavy ones around here) on D standard

frantic77

dean markley

mrclean77

Dads 10-46 on both the hard tail & LFR, both E standard

I like Ernie Ball & Dean Markley okay - if given the choice between GHS and shoe strings, I'd go ahead and pull 'em & just wear my Birks - GHS just sounded dead to me (IMO)

HateEvent

I find D'Addario more conisistent and use them (9-42) on my USA DFH and (10-46) on my Gibby Zakk.

For the KH and Hanny, I use custom gauged Ernie Ball sets:

Hanny gets a set of Beefy Slinkys with the plain 22 swapped for a wound 22 and the 54 replaced with a 56.

KH gets a set of Not Even Slinkys with the 12 replaced with an 11 and the 16 with a 14.

Post to Thread