Grof

Pickup distance

Updated
I have a question since im new here Whats the difference when the pickup is closer/far away from the string when you tune it. And whats actualy sustain? And what cind of wood gives you more or less sustain?...
MORE »
Metfuk

Current EX-400 neck shape?

Updated
How do you call the shape on the current EX-400 guitars? I've played one a while back and I really liked the neck. It felt better than Gibsons. My guess is that it's a C shape?...
MORE »
metaltheater

Piezo Pickups

Updated
Just Want to know what they are really. I know they create an acoustic sound but where are they mounted. I really like the sound of the one Petrucci uses on his sigs. Is Piezo the brand name or just another word for acoustic...
MORE »
mazen

Pickups (Gaps Between)

Updated
Technical (Electric guitar) question: What difference does the distance (gap) between the neck pickup and bridge pickup make on the tone/sound quality of the guitar?...
MORE »
gab4554

Pickup question

Updated
sorry if its a stupid question dont tell me... Why some guitars have both a set of 81 emg at neck and bridge or like lower guitars with a set of ESP-EMG LH-300?? Does it give a diffrent tone/sound when you get either...
MORE »
freeballin

No output from bridge pickup...

Updated
I have a JH-600 and lately the bridge pickup seems like it's running with a dead battery, yet the neck pickup is fine. I've tried changing the battery and swapping the pickups around (since they're EMG's and have the...
MORE »
Metalmilitia306

set-neck problem

Updated
my friend has a old epiphone g-400 and the neck on it is loose. is there any way to fix this? thanks...
MORE »
mazen

Truckster VS EC-1000VB!!

Updated
Hey guys... this is a follow on from the other thread i had going about the Explorer VS Truckster... thanks for all the replies on it... it helped e realize the truckster's a hell of a lot better... Nowm i wanted to ask...
MORE »
Mr_Goodbomb

Need a Tone-O-Matic and Stopbar set for my EC-300

Updated
I don't know where to find one that'll fit. I don't really wanna spend over 30 bucks. I have the bushings and posts, I just need the actual bridge pieces themselves (where the strings are held on the stopbar and where the...
MORE »
Yo Daddy

Retubed my amp and.....

Updated
Now there's a loud popping sound. I isolated it to the amp itself by disconnecting the rack and changing the instrument cable. I made sure the bias switch was changed over. What the hell is going on here?...
MORE »
kathyD

pickup height?

Updated
my neck pickup sounds weak and I think it might be set low, but im not sure. The owners manual only talks about bridge pickup height. I thought the neck one should be lower than the bridge one for balance. i have a EC500...
MORE »
Metalmilitia306

routing question

Updated
i just bought a killbutton and i need to route the hole on the guitar bigger. what should i use to route? thanks...
MORE »
DUFF

Standard Series Viper Truss Rod Issue

Updated
When recently setting up my ESP Standard Series Viper, I noticed that the truss rod was alot harder to turn than on my gibsons and PRS. Is this normal? Doe esp guitars have stiffer truss rods?...
MORE »
Jan S.

Floyd Rose trem question (KH-2)

Updated
Hi guys, I posted this on the older board but there was no clear answer on my problem so I'm gonna try it here again :) So I have a KH-2, which has a Floyd (duh :p) it's my first guitar with a Floyd... What I want to...
MORE »
New Components?

New Components?

Updated
Hey All, I'm looking at replacing the pots, switches, etc. from my Korean guitars, and I'm curious to know where to find the best parts. Preferably from somewhere that will ship to New Zealand. Chur!...
MORE »