My official Mummy thread.

Updated
My official Mummy thread.
Just bought a M-100 body with floyd route, 1 vol, 1 tone. I have officially started my Mummy Project. Here's what I'm thinking for a shopping list. ESP M Body - $54 ESP pointed reverse neck - $ 60-80 MUMMY DECAL SET - $69 on ebay floyd rose SPECIAL - $50 new on ebay, $80 retail Dragonfire 81/81 active set - $80 ESP left handed black tuners - $FREE! thanks Tondog Black dome knobs - $10 Kirk Hammett Mummy Eye of Horus inlay decal set - $20 Paint and clear coat. - Alot. Not sure yet. Suggestions?
Shaun

well, i guess i should do some un soldering and resoldering..

ESP 348

well, i guess i should do some un soldering and resoldering..

At the end of the day, doesn't really matter does it? ;)

You have a bolt on neck, Kirk's Mummy is NTB. He has two volume knobs and you will have a volume and tone.

Don't stress about it young fella. :)

mihnea

Any new pics yet???

Shaun

I really dont know. 1 vol 1 tone is just simpler. and I basically wont use the perks of either. I'm just gonna go 1 vol. 1 tone,

also, I'll try to get a few pics up, not much has changed. I got all my electronics though, so I'll upload a pic of those :)

Shaun

also poor alignment. the pickup ring will line up, the pickup itself is a little low.

ESP 348

I really dont know. 1 vol 1 tone is just simpler. and I basically wont use the perks of either. I'm just gonna go 1 vol. 1 tone,

also, I'll try to get a few pics up, not much has changed. I got all my electronics though, so I'll upload a pic of those :)

Go one volume and one tone mate, it's all good. :)

Pushead

Looking good. No one but you will notice a slight mismatch.

Shaun

And im hoping not!
I got my inlay decals and have applied em, dont wanna say i rushed but a few are SLIGHTLY off...
i also got my buffing supplies! Imma buff it up tonight!

shathe

yeah, ditto. not sure how you're buffing (technique wise) and don't know how coarse meguiar's is. since you're not sanding out scratches, you should probably use the finest stuff you can get and don't overdo it... good that you started on the back. : p

shathe

now you just need a couple of blasts from your spice weasel and BAM!

Tondog

How come the holes for the tuners look oblong? Just a funny angle I presume?

Shaun

Depends on your definition of the word oblong,
Because i dont know any definition of it...

Tondog

Depends on your definition of the word oblong,
Because i dont know any definition of it...

:lol Your tuner holes were perfectly round were they not?

Shaun

for the most part,

Tondog

for the most part,

You'll want to make sure they're the better part of round enough to fit tuners in there at least. I don't remember where the head/neck came from but some of them require some finish reaming and remain a little small so that people can get a "tension fit" with whatever bushing they're using.

Shaun

Alright, so God must have thought that my project was going a little too well, so He decided to throw this at me.
So I thought I was close to done, when BAM black is gettin sanded through, I'm seeing wood. not good. So i decided to do more black on the back, masked off the front, and sprayed away. seemed okay, feelin good.
Then MORE BAM, when I took off the tape, the clear started peeling off like a freakin sunburn. I'm thoroughly pissed.
any one who knows what theyre doing wanna help? Bill? anybody? ..please

Tondog

Alright, so God must have thought that my project was going a little too well, so He decided to throw this at me.
So I thought I was close to done, when BAM black is gettin sanded through, I'm seeing wood. not good. So i decided to do more black on the back, masked off the front, and sprayed away. seemed okay, feelin good.
Then MORE BAM, when I took off the tape, the clear started peeling off like a freakin sunburn. I'm thoroughly pissed.
any one who knows what theyre doing wanna help? Bill? anybody? ..please

Yuck! Sorry to hear that....BUT...the finish line is in sight and you've come so far on this that you'll need to take a few deep breaths and maybe back away for a couple of days to formulate the plan. An undertaking this big is bound to have a few potholes and this will be a full-on win when this little glitch gets solved. :cool:

Media

Awesome

ESP 348

Looking good there young fella!!! :)

Be sure to oil that fretboard too. ;)

franciscomeza11

really impressed, great work

Shaun

everything is how it'll look, i got creative cuts (ebay store/seller) to make a custom 12th fret inlay for meh

ESP 348

everything is how it'll look, i got creative cuts (ebay store/seller) to make a custom 12th fret inlay for meh

Cool and yep, I know of them. I bought my inlays from them also.

Thanks again for the pics, excellent job there mate.

Post to Thread