My official Mummy thread.

Updated
My official Mummy thread.
Just bought a M-100 body with floyd route, 1 vol, 1 tone. I have officially started my Mummy Project. Here's what I'm thinking for a shopping list. ESP M Body - $54 ESP pointed reverse neck - $ 60-80 MUMMY DECAL SET - $69 on ebay floyd rose SPECIAL - $50 new on ebay, $80 retail Dragonfire 81/81 active set - $80 ESP left handed black tuners - $FREE! thanks Tondog Black dome knobs - $10 Kirk Hammett Mummy Eye of Horus inlay decal set - $20 Paint and clear coat. - Alot. Not sure yet. Suggestions?
Metaldude

where are u getting all the stuff from ??

Shaun

ebay,
guitarpartsonline,
musiciansfriend

Shaun

UPDATE: Okay I have officially received the body, It's not in that bad of shape but I am glad I didn't spend too much on it. I'll try to go after a neck next, post on here if you find anything on ebay,
It'd really help me if you messaged me if you have an old ltd (or esp) neck you have laying around I could buy it off you. just let me know!

Shaun

like around 50 total

Pushead

No neck plate. They used a concave washer on the neck screws and held it. It's perfectly safe.

Shaun

No neck plate. They used a concave washer on the neck screws and held it. It's perfectly safe.

okay. so I need like some ferules or something to get the neck on?? is there any way I could still put a neck plate on it? I just like the look of a nice black neck plate...classy

load more replies (2 of 2)
Tondog

I've got some left handed 6 in line ESP tuners that just came off my 602/Ouija that strengthbeyond just did for me in favor of some Gotohs that I'd donate to you here in Omaha as well. Let me know.

ESP 348

+1

I've got some left handed 6 in line ESP tuners that just came off my 602/Ouija that strengthbeyond just did for me in favor of some Gotohs that I'd donate to you here in Omaha as well. Let me know.

You are too kind. :)

load more replies (1 of 1)
Tondog

I was over at GC yesterday and they have a KH202 for $329 regular price. I know you're doing the budget mummy but I'm not sure you could get all the hardware collected up for much less?

Keep an eye on Craigslist here too cuz I picked up that 602 brand new with a case for $500 that I had strength do the Ouija with. They do a really good job with those blocks of wood for sure.

Murdoc

I was over at GC yesterday and they have a KH202 for $329 regular price. I know you're doing the budget mummy but I'm not sure you could get all the hardware collected up for much less?

Keep an eye on Craigslist here too cuz I picked up that 602 brand new with a case for $500 that I had strength do the Ouija with. They do a really good job with those blocks of wood for sure.
^This is good advice.^

I think Shaun has a good idea with this.

I saw a white KH202 at one of my GCs like a year ago and I think about it all the time. Damn, I should have bought that to do a Ouija with.:mad:

Shaun

UPDATE!
I GOT THE NECK THAT WAS ON EBAY! It didnt skyrocket up in price like I expected it to... BUT I GOT IT! I am currently quite excited.
ONLY PROBLEM: It has a block esp inlay on the 12th fret :( so It's 13% less authentic.. but I'm happy I got a neck in the first place!

ESP 348

UPDATE!
I GOT THE NECK THAT WAS ON EBAY! It didnt skyrocket up in price like I expected it to... BUT I GOT IT! I am currently quite excited.
ONLY PROBLEM: It has a block esp inlay on the 12th fret :( so It's 13% less authentic.. but I'm happy I got a neck in the first place!

Good to hear.......................but how much did it cost you? ;)

**Colour that ESP inlay in with a brown marker pen before you put the stickered inlays on over it**

Shaun

only 43 bucks!!! the other one I was trying to get shot up to 70!

ESP 348

only 43 bucks!!! the other one I was trying to get shot up to 70!

Cool, great value for an ESP neck. :)

Shaun

I thought so myself :D

Shaun

I believe its the same neck that was with the body! it was from the same seller and the same model...not COMPLETELY sure...but I believe they'll atleast match up. they're both from a M-100

Murdoc

I believe its the same neck that was with the body! it was from the same seller and the same model...not COMPLETELY sure...but I believe they'll atleast match up. they're both from a M-100
Really?! I thought you said it had an ESP inlay at the 12th?

Shaun

well I just meant the recctangle inlay in general but I think it says m-100

Murdoc

well I just meant the recctangle inlay in general but I think it says m-100
Yeah that's what it'll say. You might get away with using a neck plate if you get mounting screws that are exactly the right length so as to not poke through the fretboard.:x IDK if your body or neck came with screws but if you use a neck plate those screws will be too short.

BTW, I agree about the neck plate heel joint looking better than the recessed screw heel joint.;)

Shaun

hm, hm, good idea

Shaun

yeah i think it looks too "yamaha-funky-bass-ish"
Im making this observation based on the fact that I've only seen that time of neck joint on a yamaha bass...
but yeah I dont really like it

Murdoc

yeah i think it looks too "yamaha-funky-bass-ish"
Im making this observation based on the fact that I've only seen that time of neck joint on a yamaha bass...
but yeah I dont really like it
A lot of Ibanez are utilizing this type of "heel-less neck joint" in their higher end Japanese models. I don't like it. Give me a good old bolt on neck anyday with the metal plate. I'm a neck thru guy but my Fender has the plate.

Shaun

i have no neck throughs, im fine with it...

Post to Thread