My official Mummy thread.

Updated
My official Mummy thread.
Just bought a M-100 body with floyd route, 1 vol, 1 tone. I have officially started my Mummy Project. Here's what I'm thinking for a shopping list. ESP M Body - $54 ESP pointed reverse neck - $ 60-80 MUMMY DECAL SET - $69 on ebay floyd rose SPECIAL - $50 new on ebay, $80 retail Dragonfire 81/81 active set - $80 ESP left handed black tuners - $FREE! thanks Tondog Black dome knobs - $10 Kirk Hammett Mummy Eye of Horus inlay decal set - $20 Paint and clear coat. - Alot. Not sure yet. Suggestions?
Shaun

I have the skull & crossnbone decals on one of mine and don't mind them...
and I was about to get a neck for 65 buy it now on ebay and some ass bid on it before i was about to buy it.

Shaun

also,
is there an appropriate place to post a metallica cover video on here? General Discussion?

Shaun

thanks

Pushead

I know that working on a teenage budget is rough, but if you're really going to put money and time into something that you're hoping to keep for a while, it might be worth saving a bit longer and buying better quality hardware. You can buy the EMGs used since they're going to be covered, anyway.

Shaun

also, anyone got any good painting tips? gonna have to paint the body and neck black.

Pushead

Practice on other stuff before starting on the guitar. Practice taping things off and getting sharp lines (like the edge of the fretboard.)

The Strngth/Bill option didn't quite work within your budget?

Shaun

a few years ago I painted a squire strat, gave it a EVH frankenstrat paint job, Only problem now is that I like it so much I dont want to sell it! haha.

Shaun

It might look good because it's supposed to have that sloppy kinda look, this mummy needs to look totally professional, which may mean I need to practice

Shaun

and Bill asks for $500 for the comeplete job.

Shaun

ALSO, I did paint the neck of a knock off jackson rhodes. I think that turned out well, but it does have that "orange peel" texture I keep hearing about

ESP 348

Cool thread! I can't offer any advice sorry mate.

But good luck, have fun with it and we are all looking forward to seeing pics.

DanieLibuy

My friend, IMO, I think you should buy some better stuff for you guitar, it might be worth saving a bit longer and buying better things. (as Pushead said)

Good Luck BTW, I'm waiting for the pics!

Regards.

Shaun

REASON FOR CHEAPER STUFF
dragonfire pickups- I put these in all my guitars and enjoy the way they sound.
Floyd rose "special" - I was under the impression that they worked decently, if that's not the case, I'll get something better quality.
Knock-off tuners- They're behind the locking nut, and to me don't make too much difference. correct me if I'm wrong.

Trendkill

Keep an eye on the spam thread, some user here was offering free tuners the other day. I have some black gotoh ones lying around that I'll never ever ever use.

Free SPAM. These things are useless to me so hopefully someone else can use em. Cover shipping, theyre all yours.

6 in line tuners. Black. GONE

Wilkinson trem. Black. (no trem arm but all posts/screws/springs included)

2 ESP single coil pickups. Pretty beat up, but what do you expect? theyre old :p

Shaun

You serious?

Shaun

QUESTION
do i need left handed tuners on a reversed headstock?

Pushead

REASON FOR CHEAPER STUFF
dragonfire pickups- I put these in all my guitars and enjoy the way they sound.
Floyd rose "special" - I was under the impression that they worked decently, if that's not the case, I'll get something better quality.
Knock-off tuners- They're behind the locking nut, and to me don't make too much difference. correct me if I'm wrong.

For a guy who is so concerned about authenticity that he wanted a 2 knob body, I would have guessed you'd want the rest to be authentic as well.

QUESTION
do i need left handed tuners on a reversed headstock?

Yes, though if you're buying a used neck, you might find one that comes with them. I'd buy the neck next, and make sure that when attached to the body you selected it's still the correct scale length before getting too involved with picking up the other parts.

Post to Thread