My official Mummy thread.

Updated
My official Mummy thread.
Just bought a M-100 body with floyd route, 1 vol, 1 tone. I have officially started my Mummy Project. Here's what I'm thinking for a shopping list. ESP M Body - $54 ESP pointed reverse neck - $ 60-80 MUMMY DECAL SET - $69 on ebay floyd rose SPECIAL - $50 new on ebay, $80 retail Dragonfire 81/81 active set - $80 ESP left handed black tuners - $FREE! thanks Tondog Black dome knobs - $10 Kirk Hammett Mummy Eye of Horus inlay decal set - $20 Paint and clear coat. - Alot. Not sure yet. Suggestions?
Shaun

ALRIGHT GUYS!
I got paid and I just bought the following!
1 x 3 way Sealed Switch-Black Tip
1 x Dome Knobs- Black
1 x String Retainer Bar- Black
1 x Tone Cap- .1
1 x Battery Lead-9V
1 x Stereo Input Jack-Chrome
2 x Small Pot- Long Shaft- 25K
2 x Dragonfire 81C Active Humbucker-Black
1 x Levy's Leathers DM17-XL-BLK Leather Guitar Strap
1 x WD Music JCB2B Black Jackplate Football
now all i need is the floyd and the inlay decals!

ESP 348

ALRIGHT GUYS!
I got paid and I just bought the following!
1 x 3 way Sealed Switch-Black Tip
1 x Dome Knobs- Black
1 x String Retainer Bar- Black
1 x Tone Cap- .1
1 x Battery Lead-9V
1 x Stereo Input Jack-Chrome
2 x Small Pot- Long Shaft- 25K
2 x Dragonfire 81C Active Humbucker-Black
1 x Levy's Leathers DM17-XL-BLK Leather Guitar Strap
1 x WD Music JCB2B Black Jackplate Football
now all i need is the floyd and the inlay decals!

Cool, how much did all those parts cost you? :)

Shaun

about 130 :D

ESP 348

about 130 :D

Cool, cheap. :D

Shaun

yep, those actives have gotten some really good reviews and are said to be close sounding to Emgs. not bad for 30 a piece

Pushead

Can you post a link to your pots? The "long shaft" part concerns me. In my experience the longer pots are for Les Paul style guitars.

Pushead

Those look right. Just wanted to check & see. Easier to change the order before they ship than it is to return the wrong ones.

Shaun

gotcha.
I did my research.

Shaun

So to finish this thing off, Im going to use McGuires ultimate polish. and probably use a drill attachment for a buffer/polisher. any tips/ what to use/do on polishing or buffing? anything helps!

Shaun

his right eye is barely on the pickup as to the other eye is almost all on the pickup..not centered

and Thanks :D

Shaun

Thanks strngthbyndstrngth!
is there any way you could do inlay decals for this? the only good quality inlay decals on ebay are inaccurate. and I want it to be virtually accurate to kirks

Shaun

also, I emailed you a few times a long time ago without a reply. I think I got it mostly figured out. but still have one question. how coats of clear on the body do you recommend? Ive got like 3 on right now, not nearly enough..but I want to know when to stop. Also, what should I use to polish it? and do you wax yours?

exhibit-sbt

3 coats isn't nearly enough..? I personally never go over 2 on guitars. Usually the second one is only after I color sanded the first as well.

Shaun

Okay guys question.
I will put 2 knobs in this guitar. Obviously.
But i was thinking..since i never use the tone knob, like EVER, is it okay to make it 2 vol and no tone?..is that FROWNED apon by the guitar police?...

DanieLibuy

Okay guys question.
But i was thinking..since i never use the tone knob, like EVER, is it okay to make it 2 vol and no tone?..is that FROWNED apon by the guitar police?...

I don't know what's the real configuration on Kirk's Mummy, and yes, I wanna know that too.

Regards.

shathe

Okay guys question.

my kh-2s have a volume for each pick up and a tone control.
not sure about the mummy.
i say go for it, it can always be rewired

timdingo

Okay guys question.
is it okay to make it 2 vol and no tone?..is that FROWNED apon by the guitar police?...
Aren't James' MX's usually 2 vol, no tone?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Shaun

I think im just going to do normal 1vol 1 tone.
Because besides the fact that i never use the tone knob, i dont really have the need for seperate volume controls..so im goin 1 volume 1 tone.

Shaun

Kh-2s as well as all the KH guitars do have 2 vol 1 tone yes.
But Kirks Mummy has 2 knobs. most likely a volume and tone,
So i think I'll just take the normal road and do that

ESP 348

Kh-2s as well as all the KH guitars do have 2 vol 1 tone yes.
But Kirks Mummy has 2 knobs. most likely a volume and tone,
So i think I'll just take the normal road and do that

I read many years ago his Mummy has two volume knobs. :)

Shaun

Really?,...hm,
i was unaware of that one!

Post to Thread