My official Mummy thread.

Updated
My official Mummy thread.
Just bought a M-100 body with floyd route, 1 vol, 1 tone. I have officially started my Mummy Project. Here's what I'm thinking for a shopping list. ESP M Body - $54 ESP pointed reverse neck - $ 60-80 MUMMY DECAL SET - $69 on ebay floyd rose SPECIAL - $50 new on ebay, $80 retail Dragonfire 81/81 active set - $80 ESP left handed black tuners - $FREE! thanks Tondog Black dome knobs - $10 Kirk Hammett Mummy Eye of Horus inlay decal set - $20 Paint and clear coat. - Alot. Not sure yet. Suggestions?
Shaun

Authentic in looks, cant see if theyre EMGs or not behind them decals,

Shaun

also, I got an M-100 body and the same guy is selling the M-100 neck that was with it. so I think I'm good there. somebody else just bid on it before i got to buy it, now I got to follow through the auction to try to get it!

Pushead

By the time you figure in shipping on all of those pieces, you've maybe saved $30 over just buying a new M-100.

Tox

:lol

Tox

now that's how you be a debbie downer. :lol

Tox

Dude I was once like you, back in the late 90's I seen that guitar for the first time and fell in love with it immediately. IMO, I know you're a teenager with a budget, but do yourself a favor and save up for a KH2 used and get Bill to do the job for you, in the end you will feel better about it. When I got mine done and it arrived at my house I couldn't stop grinning on how excited I was to finally have this guitar. It has been my favorite guitar I have owned to date, and its just a simple KH2.

Shaun

Dude I was once like you, back in the late 90's I seen that guitar for the first time and fell in love with it immediately. IMO, I know you're a teenager with a budget, but do yourself a favor and save up for a KH2 used and get Bill to do the job for you, in the end you will feel better about it. When I got mine done and it arrived at my house I couldn't stop grinning on how excited I was to finally have this guitar. It has been my favorite guitar I have owned to date, and its just a simple KH2.

appreciate the advice, but KH 2's have 2 volume and skull and crossbone inlays.
If I got a KH 2, I wouldn't Mummify it! they're WAY too beautiful!!

Tox

Well you're not going to "authentic" then by buying a bolt on M-100. Strike 1.

Shaun

Authentic to the eye, No evidence of M-100-ness on a finished mummy made from a M-100... besides the neck plate.

Shaun

there's no way you really can make a Authentic Mummy without getting a customsop M guitar with 1 vol, 1 tone and a blank fretboard if you do the inlays yourself. and I dont plan on spending 6 thousand dollars...or waiting 8 months

Tox

you could do the same thing with a kh602. Do you not think you can plug the holes and redrill them to match the 2 knob layout? While your at it get a new blank fretboard with the inlays made for you and apply it to your neck.

Shaun

...Its so much simpler to get a body with 1 volume 1 tone, and a neck with dots to cover up with Eye of Horus decals

Tox

also the cheap way out, to each their own.

Pushead

The problem is, the way you're doing it you're banking that you can assemble, paint, apply the graphic, and clear the guitar convincingly enough to get it authentic looking.

Going with the prices you listed in the OP you're at $400 + shipping + however much it costs in paint. Call it $600 for the complete thing, in addition to your time, for a guitar which may or may not be as good as you hope it will be.

If I were going your route, I'd buy a new M-100 (or a used one off the bay) for $300 + a used set of EMGs at $120 + the decal job by Strngth + shipping for everything. Call it $1100 for the whole job, $1200 if you want a case. And you have a fairly high expectation of it being killer because Strngth has a long list of complete projects and a good reputation.

$500 is a big difference between the costs, but you're getting a sure thing. I know money doesn't come easy as a teen, but a bit more saving could get you something significantly better.

Shaun

"a bit more saving" to you is doubling the cost of the project for me... and another few months of working at the job I don't have..

Pushead

"a bit more saving" to you is doubling the cost of the project for me... and another few months of working at the job I don't have..

If saving that amount money is difficult for you, perhaps you should be saving it to use for college instead of buying another guitar.

Either way, best of luck on your project. Hopefully it turns out in a way that pleases you.

Explorer45

You could get the guitar + EMG's first, save up the cash, and turn it into a Mummy later. Atleast you'll have a lot better guitar to play in the meantime.

Metlupass2

You'd be foolish to dump any money into an M100. It might look cool but will still be a shitty guitar.

Post to Thread