My official Mummy thread.

Updated
My official Mummy thread.
Just bought a M-100 body with floyd route, 1 vol, 1 tone. I have officially started my Mummy Project. Here's what I'm thinking for a shopping list. ESP M Body - $54 ESP pointed reverse neck - $ 60-80 MUMMY DECAL SET - $69 on ebay floyd rose SPECIAL - $50 new on ebay, $80 retail Dragonfire 81/81 active set - $80 ESP left handed black tuners - $FREE! thanks Tondog Black dome knobs - $10 Kirk Hammett Mummy Eye of Horus inlay decal set - $20 Paint and clear coat. - Alot. Not sure yet. Suggestions?
Shaun

thru..

Murdoc

That's like the only word that I purposely mispell. In reference to guitar necks. lol

Shaun

haHA

Shaun

Alright I contacted the seller and he confirms that it is the same neck that was originally with the body i bought and he also has the nuts/screws/washers for it and he will include them with the neck!

Pushead

Smart move. Ask him if you can buy the FR special and the rest of the hardware that came with the guitar originally.

Shaun

if he offers them cheap enough i might, I kinda want to get most of the hardware new

Saiko

Cool bit of info in case anyone else wants to know, Kirk's next two horror guitars are Nosferatu which he is planning as an ESP Sig since the graphics are public domain and a Black Cat Guitar. ;)

ESP 348

Cool bit of info in case anyone else wants to know, Kirk's next two horror guitars are Nosferatu which he is planning as an ESP Sig since the graphics are public domain and a Black Cat Guitar. ;)

Awesome, where did you get this info from? :)

Saiko

It came from Kirk actually, I got to chat with him at the Orion festival this past weekend and the topic of his horror guitars came up so I asked him what his next horror guitars after the white zombie were planned. The Nosferatu prototype is currently in the works and he hopes it will be a signature model soon. After that he is hoping to do a Black Cat guitar but that will be just for him like the other ones he has done.

Shaun

You met Kirk!? SWEET GOD! THATS AMAZING, I wanted to go to the orion festival so bad.. How was it? Whats Kirk like??

Geetarguy70

It came from Kirk actually, I got to chat with him at the Orion festival this past weekend and the topic of his horror guitars came up so I asked him what his next horror guitars after the white zombie were planned. The Nosferatu prototype is currently in the works and he hopes it will be a signature model soon. After that he is hoping to do a Black Cat guitar but that will be just for him like the other ones he has done.

Very cool dude! Thanks for sharing :)

Saiko

Kirk is a huge film nerd and a really chill guy who has a passion for film, specifically horror. I don't get starstruck so it was all about the horror movie stuff for me and I attended both of his horror movie panels, one on sat and one sun. He has an insane horror movie poster/prop/toy collection. It wasn't this huge scripted thing, just an hour hanging out with Kirk chatting about horror movies with a few of his collector friends and a group of fans in a room about the size of my living room. Being a horror movie fan myself, getting to see part of his collection then talk about horror movies was awesome. The guy really has no ego and it never felt like I was listening to or talking to a famous person. It was actually kinda weird seing him on stage with the band playing to tens of thousands of people after that, lol.

I almost forgot, I got to see the Mummy#2, Red Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and Dracula guitars up close. Like close enough to touch. (Although they were in glass cases for security reasons.) Also got to check out his first Ouija guitar, the original KH3, Mirror KH4 and Hetfields Eet Fuk and More Beer Explorers at another exhibit. Those guitars are too cool!

Murdoc

Kirk is a huge film nerd and a really chill guy who has a passion for film, specifically horror. I don't get starstruck so it was all about the horror movie stuff for me and I attended both of his horror movie panels, one on sat and one sun. He has an insane horror movie poster/prop/toy collection. It wasn't this huge scripted thing, just an hour hanging out with Kirk chatting about horror movies with a few of his collector friends and a group of fans in a room about the size of my living room. Being a horror movie fan myself, getting to see part of his collection then talk about horror movies was awesome. The guy really has no ego and it never felt like I was listening to or talking to a famous person. It was actually kinda weird seing him on stage with the band playing to tens of thousands of people after that, lol.

I almost forgot, I got to see the Mummy#2, Red Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and Dracula guitars up close. Like close enough to touch. (Although they were in glass cases for security reasons.) Also got to check out his first Ouija guitar, the original KH3, Mirror KH4 and Hetfields Eet Fuk and More Beer Explorers at another exhibit. Those guitars are too cool!

Thanks for sharing!! That's good stuff!!!:cool:

load more replies (1 of 1)
DanieLibuy

What an experience! Congratulations and thanks for sharing it! =)

My friend, do you have pictures of that guitars?

Regards!

kirk is the best

Did you maken pictures of the guitars?Kirk is a huge film nerd and a really chill guy who has a passion for film, specifically horror. I don't get starstruck so it was all about the horror movie stuff for me and I attended both of his horror movie panels, one on sat and one sun. He has an insane horror movie poster/prop/toy collection. It wasn't this huge scripted thing, just an hour hanging out with Kirk chatting about horror movies with a few of his collector friends and a group of fans in a room about the size of my living room. Being a horror movie fan myself, getting to see part of his collection then talk about horror movies was awesome. The guy really has no ego and it never felt like I was listening to or talking to a famous person. It was actually kinda weird seing him on stage with the band playing to tens of thousands of people after that, lol.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Shaun

That must've been amazing!

Saiko

So back to the Mummy guitar, my only advice is be sure to paint the body and neck indoors so it wont get dirt and dust in the wet paint and most importantly, take your time and sand between coats and don't rush. Plan to let it cure for a few weeks before wet sanding.

Shaun

Thanks man

Saiko

I got pics of the guitars but I had to take them quickly as there were a TON of people moving through the displays when Kirk wasn't there so they are just quick snapshots. I don't wanna post pics here and further derail Shaun's thread.

Shaun

I was gonna say to kinda keep this thread about my guitar process..but I really wanna see some photos of his guitars :)

DanieLibuy

I was gonna say to kinda keep this thread about my guitar process..but I really wanna see some photos of his guitars :)

Sorry 'bout the off topic my friend! :o

Regards. :rollin

SweetLeaf

A Nosferatu guitar? Want lol.

To keep it on track, good luck with your project.

Shaun

Okay so i got the neck today, put on the body and immediately noticed that the edge of the fingerboard almost lines up exactly with the neck pickup, like there's no room for a pickup ring...is this normal???!!

Post to Thread