My official Mummy thread.

Updated
My official Mummy thread.
Just bought a M-100 body with floyd route, 1 vol, 1 tone. I have officially started my Mummy Project. Here's what I'm thinking for a shopping list. ESP M Body - $54 ESP pointed reverse neck - $ 60-80 MUMMY DECAL SET - $69 on ebay floyd rose SPECIAL - $50 new on ebay, $80 retail Dragonfire 81/81 active set - $80 ESP left handed black tuners - $FREE! thanks Tondog Black dome knobs - $10 Kirk Hammett Mummy Eye of Horus inlay decal set - $20 Paint and clear coat. - Alot. Not sure yet. Suggestions?
Tondog

Well if anyone would know it would be him. I'm sure he'll weigh in on the results thus far and give further tips.

Shaun

Thanks man, Haven't put up any new pics in a little while, I'll put up some soon, painted the neck black. looks nice.

Explorer45

Looks good dude. Keep up the good work.

Annia

Looks awesome! I would like to see it built already, though :)

Shaun

whoops that last one was from a while ago...still a nice picture..

ESP 348

Looks great, although hard to tell from those pics. :)

How about you tell US what it's like? :D

Tondog

How's the painting going in this heat and humidity? Is it setting up?

Shaun

Goin pretty great still, I'm a little ways away from finishing yet, but im wondering how to totally comeplete this, like how many coats of clear? And then what do I use to "polish it off"? Like turtle wax? Or ot a specific guitar polish?...any advice helps. Thanks guys

Media

Keep it up duder.

mihnea

That looks good man, now get 'er finished :)

Shaun

Quick Update. I decal-ed the pickup rings, i havent bought the pups yet so i have yet to decal them.

DanieLibuy

Quick Update. I decal-ed the pickup rings, i havent bought the pups yet so i have yet to decal them.

Waiting for the pics.

What an awesome project.

Regards.

Shaun

QUESTION TIME
I see on the ESP website that the M-100FM has a 43mm nut, is it the same for the original M-100? i need to know so i can buy my floyd

Shaun

I think what I'm getting at is R2 or R3 nut for a M-100 neck?

Shaun

Alright guys, the following question is for EMG or other active pup users.
What value cap should i throw in if im using 2 81's? I'm actually using Dragonfire Actives, but they should be comparable to EMGs.
If i have the option of a .1, .022, .033, or .047, which out of those would sound the metallicaiest.
Anyone happen to know what value Kirk used to use (or still does) in his Mummy or kh's?

matt b.

Looks good but why didnt you center the mummy between the pick ups? Everyone makes that mistake.

Shaun

Because Its not where Kirks is

kirk is the best

Because Its not where Kirks is

According to this pick K]Kirks Mummy is in the center between the pick ups.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread