LordCliffton

QUICK Ohm Question - Help please?

Updated
I'm interested in buying a Mesa Dual Rectifier but it only has those stupid speaker outs & not a simple switch.. the problem I'm having is that I have 2 cabs rated at 16 ohms each. To run them in my 5150 I would plug them...
MORE »
xcc

EMG question

Updated
I have two guitars, both are mahogny bodies and neck, and both are set neck..one of them have an 81 in the bridge and an ebony fretboad (it's an eclipse), the other one have an 85 and rosewood (a sg). The Sg is a cheapo...
MORE »
espsy

OK new amp time.... decisions??

Updated
Ok i'm ready to buy a new amp. I love my 5150, but i want something new to use live and for recording. I've narrowed it down to 3 amps, 2 of which i will have to order and wait for as i'm in the UK. Any advice on these would...
MORE »
martijua

Need some pro tools le 7.3 / ezdrummer help

Updated
Anyone know how I can change the drum map in pro tools? I see piano keys for the midi drum track (that I have outputtng to ezdrummer).... but I want to see the names of the drums instead of keyboard keys. Any ideas on how...
MORE »
Put

Bought a Maximizer but how to connect?

Updated
Hello, I bought a second hand 462 bbe maximizer but i cant find a manual on the net. I'm not just gonna try something cause i dont want to fuck up my amp. So What we have is BBE Maximizer -> 5150 I'f anyone...
MORE »
ampartic

Damage Switching Tubes?

Updated
I recently read on a website, and I forgot which one and can't find it either, that changing the tube type and or brand "can and will damage your amp." I immediately thought they were full of crap but now it's been nagging...
MORE »
ScytheMan

Roland Space Echo

Updated
Any one have the new or old one and if anyone does how does it sound...
MORE »
Ramses1134

2 cabs, 1 head, different ohms, help plz

Updated
i am getting a marshall mf400a in the very near future. the cab i have is the mf280b. full stack operation may or may not be difficult though, the 280b is 16 ohms and the 400a is 8 ohms. the triple x can switch from 4 to 8...
MORE »
metallist

Help with JSX

Updated
Hey dudes, I just got my JSX head and cab in, plugged it up and everything was good, until... I paused from playing in the ultra and crunch channels whilst a lot of gain was being used and feedback galore. To the point...
MORE »
Yetti1

Active Vs Passive Pickups

Updated
This question may be asked alot maybe but what do you guys think...Ive currently got Passive pickups in my guitar and never really thought about embarking on the journey to EMG Actives. But now that ive got a more...
MORE »
BLS

Carvin Legacy 2x12 (Vai)

Updated
Wanted to know if anyone has played through this cab? I am currently playing a Orange Tiny Terror through an Orange 1x12 cab. Was going to get an Orange 2x12 but this extremly mint condition Carvin Legacy (V30's) was offered...
MORE »
gorsch

Help, opinions needed for pickups

Updated
here's the deal. I got 3 guitars that need p-ups, neck and bridge. Instead of going by trial and error, it's such a pain, I asking for a guiding voice. Guitar 1- Epi V made of Basswood, no trem. Guitar 2- LTD M200FM...
MORE »
acefecoo

amp help...

Updated
hy sorry for my english please help me choose or give me any suggestions about these two amps first.... Hiwatt G-200 yes its only a head second... Laney LV300T anyone tried these models?...witch's have a...
MORE »
DeathrollJM

pro audio impendance matching?

Updated
i know that the impedance of a guitar signal is not the same as the impedance of a pro audio input/output. I have been wanting to plug my guitar into my computer for direct stuff (vst amps an whatnot). I've looked around...
MORE »
hessian101

Re-tolexing- anyone dunnit?

Updated
I just sold my JCM600 combo- bought it for $400, sold it for $600...:cool: And then bought an upgraded JCM900 head (previous owner had output transformer changed to JCM800 spec- old one was junk) for $400 bucks... The reasons...
MORE »