Re-tolexing- anyone dunnit?

Updated
hessian101
I just sold my JCM600 combo- bought it for $400, sold it for $600...:cool: And then bought an upgraded JCM900 head (previous owner had output transformer changed to JCM800 spec- old one was junk) for $400 bucks... The reasons he sold it to me so cheap were that a reverb cable was busted, and that the tolex is pretty beat up. Which brings me to my original question- Has anyone ever re-tolexed any gear, and if so, how hard is it to do? I also have a beat up Peavey Ms412 cab that could use a re-covering.
xnatex

on this thread...towards the bottom a guy briefly explains how to do it. im thinking about re-tolexing my entire Marshall stack in either orange or white

Brian

On what thread?

ZephMan

Do a red one!!!!!

ZephMan

I think a Tweed Mark IV would be the BeesKnees

hessian101

^If I did any different color, it'd be white- but I am probobly going with black- to keep the resale value up- Although I am really liking the amp...

kingkobra813

yeah i was thinking of doing my 2 4x12 and engl fireball in snakeskin.
so if you do it and you find out its easy let me know

hessian101

^ Kingkobra- I noticed that you live in utah. What area are you located in?

kingkobra813

i live in salt lake city

hessian101

Sweet man... I live in Sandy.

kingkobra813

awesome your not to far from me.
are you in a band?

Dilzdo21

dude if you tolex it in a diff color it just might fetch more doe if its good work

hessian101

awesome your not to far from me.
are you in a band?

Not at the moment- But I plan to be soon. I do jam with my friend, who is a crazy good drummer.

dude if you tolex it in a diff color it just might fetch more doe if its good work
RLy? Cuz I would really like it to be white... wheite Geaar iz teh Secks.0]:p

Post to Thread