zombieattack9

LSR Tuners with floating floyd Rose HALP

Updated
Long story short I own a custom Jackson RR that I ordered with LSR tuners and a floating floyd rose. Ive had it for years, but it seems like my process for restringing it every time either ends in success, or complete...
MORE »
scoobyroo

MH-1000 Restoration Project Help

Updated
I'm picking up a MH-1000 used for cheap because the previous owner didn't maintain it very well and am going to do a full hardware strip and replace, minus the frets and pickups. Which bridge, nut and tuners (pref locking)...
MORE »
scoobyroo

help tuning down, string gauge up

Updated
So i have a Horizon with Floyd Rose that i want to tune down from E standard to Db-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb, but go up a gauge in strings from the standard 9-42 to 10-46 - what is the best way to go about this, just change the strings...
MORE »
zodiac272

EMG 81/60 installation

Updated
Hey guys, so I took all the electronics out of my LTD Explorer, and replaced the duncan designed with EMG's. New pups, jack, vol/tone control, new les paul style switch. I got the 81/60, new logo used, but they weren't...
MORE »
zombieattack9

Do you guys set your floyd at neutral?

Updated
Lately after all these years I've got to where I like my truss rods a little bit loose so they have play in them, so that got me to thinking: Do you prefer to have your floyd set at neutral and parallel with the body? Or do...
MORE »
threelittlefish

EC-1000T Switching Volume/Tone Pots

Updated
I am changing my EC-1000T over from EMG's to passive humbuckers. I need to replace the pots. I was thinking of switching from 2 volume pots/1 tone pot to 1 volume pot/2tone pots. I think that's the way it should come from the...
MORE »
Can effect pedals short the amp fuses?

Can effect pedals short the amp fuses?

Updated
Last week, both the slow blo fuses went on my amp. So I replaced them... twice. Each time.. it lasted about 1 minute before it fried them. 90 minutes ago, I brought the amp to my techs place. Dismantled it, all tubes...
MORE »
rcs

M1 vs MII perceived string tension

Updated
I have a M1 and it is my first fixed bridge guitar. My only real complaint with this guitar is that the string tension *seems* high compared to my other tremolo equipped guitars. I know this is a somewhat normal thing to...
MORE »
Licensed Floyd string insert blocks

Licensed Floyd string insert blocks

Updated
Anyone know if the little blocks from an OFR will fit into a Licensed Floyd? I lost like two of them while restringing (d'oh!) and am probably going to have to order replacements from Stew-Mac. :mad:...
MORE »
distortionman

choosing metal pickups

Updated
Hi I am thinking about changing my pickups form my 2008 ibanez xiphos xpt700, and i cant find out which ones i should use. - i prefer seymour duncan but, all brands are welcome, (thuogh i dislike dimarzio). - i dont care if...
MORE »
reddeltasev07

Replacement Tune-o-matic

Updated
Is there any higher quality tune-o-matic bridge that I can buy that is a direct replacement for the LTDs? I have an AX-50 with the normal bridge, no modifications, but there is some rattling and sometimes the clips pop out...
MORE »
japs5607

BC Rich

Updated
Hi I have an old BC Rich Warlock that is not really worth a lot, its one of the old Bronze series. I have loads of parts lying around so i though i would black it out, the only i need to get is a black vintage trem...
MORE »
Saiko

ESP Eclipse Stop Bar Tailpiece

Updated
Hey guys, having an issue with my ESP Eclipse Standard, Japan 4-knob version with the full horn if that makes a difference. I went to replace the hardware with Tonepros hardware and the bridge tailpiece holes are too large...
MORE »
Deadwater518

Floyd lube

Updated
Anybody know if its ok to lube the knife edges of a floyd with hoppes no 9 gun oil? I have tones of it and it would be really convenient if I can use it....
MORE »
Diurno

Mixing speakers in a Diezel 4x12

Updated
What do you suggest to put, in a X pattern, in a diezel RL cab keeping 2 v30? g12t75 like in bogner cabs or some eminence?? I want to avoid the harsness of 4 v30!...
MORE »