New for 2022 Phase 1 Ship Date?

Updated
New for 2022 Phase 1 Ship Date?

Any one got the scoop on when pre-orders are expected to ship out to dealers?

andrew c.

I ordered the Charcoal burst arrow1000. Sweet water told me mid September, but now they are saying the end of November… 

Thrash8315

I reserved the MH-1000 in April with a ship date of September.

Guitar Center now tells me it won't be shipped until January 2023.

jamesw1301

Ooof.. I'm sorry man! I'm in the same boat. Won't see my January pre-order until 2023

christopher s.

Nobody gives an answer other than pushing the date out further.  ESP says ask the dealers and dealers say they’re waiting on ESP. 

jamesw1301

Yep, that's the exact same run around I've been getting from two different dealers (guitar center and sweetwater), they only know that ESP keeps pushing ship dates back and back. Very infuriating... At this point, we wont have "new for 2022" guitars in hand until 2023. By then, new models will be announced ON TOP of the 2022 "new models"

ESP needs to get their shit together. Even 2020 and 2021 wasn't this bad..

Zippy

Yeah I am curious where the heck my guitar is as well.  I ordered an ESP EII-Horizon III FR back in March....

STILL WAITING. First I was told "oh June" then it became "July" then "October" then "November."  No dice.  The port backup is over... so what gives?  These guitars don't have chips in them.  I don't get what the hold up is. 

Supposedly I'm "#1" now on the waitlist for the item.  Yeah I'll believe it when I actually see this thing.  The only reason I'm holding out for this item is because I like the ESP u-neck.  If it wasn't for that I'd have bailed months ago on this nonsense.  

Chad H.

Oh wow. Was hoping my SN-1000 would ship soon as Sweetwater says “several weeks” but it sounds like it’ll be 2023. Considering canceling my preorder 

jamesw1301

How recent did you pre-order?

Sebastian C.

I ended up cancelling my order, currently looking for a good used M-II or Horizon

Chad H.

I preordered in late August/Early September. On the flip side I’d rather they wait as deliver top quality but being upfront on time frames would also be nice. I love the brand but wish they would be honest about time frames. Any updates or movements on your? I see Sweetwater changed the times yesterday now it coming “coming soon”

christopher s.

Some type of update would be nice.

jamesw1301

It's literally been crickets from ESP..

Thrash8315

At this point, ESP should rename all of the Phase I videos to "Phase I 2023."

jamesw1301

LOL #fact

Chad H.

I called Sweetwater today and they said "Hopefully in a few more weeks but nothing is confirmed and no date is currently set".....I got the impression it was a nice way of saying "we have no freaking clue, but HOPEFULLY" LOL. What a bummer. I am going to start looking around at other options guitar wise...if I find something I love I'll probably cancel my pre-order. I really just ordered a guitar (the SN-1000 FireBlast) without every playing it based on features and looks. So if I can find something I can play in person and love it, I'll go with it.

jamesw1301

I don't blame you man, I'd do the same. It's really a huge misstep from ESP as they went through all the marketing effort to build up hype for the new models and actually had lines of customers pre-order, just to lose those customers to other companies who actually have guitars available.. I sure hope ESP re-thinks how they do this for 2023.

Chad H.

Update…now Sweetwater says “months” not weeks. LTD makes great guitars but they obviously absolutely suck at actually delivering a product when promised. I wonder if they are going out of business or something…I’ll be looking to other brands as I cancel my pre-order

Michael Y.

It would be awesome if someone from ESP would jump onto this thread and shed some light on the issue. As much as I want the guitar I ordered, and have now waited 9 months for with no firm shipping date(not even within a month), I am now actively looking for alternatives and will cancel my order as soon as I find something suitable.

jamesw1301

That really would be nice.. But, I doubt it will happen.

MAXIMUS POWER

Still waiting on my order...

jamesw1301

I have not seen anyone in the wild who has gotten their hands on a new for 22' model, other than this random dude in Slovenia who some how got his hands on the new EC-1000 Baritone and posted it on an ESP facebook group. Still not sure how that dude got one, but I've not found anyone else online who's actually gotten their pre-order.

andrew c.

I ended up canceling my pre order for charcoal burst arrow deluxe 1000 from Sweetwater. It had been six months and no idea when they will show. So I went to my local music store and they had 1 brand new LTD Alexi Hexed sealed in the case and box! So I scooped it up quick and haven’t been happier this guitar rips. I’m kinda bummed about my preorder but worst case I could always pick it up when they finally show probably next year sometime.

jamesw1301

Just an update: Sweetwater called me the other day and let me know that ESP has pushed back their expected date to end of Dec. So it's likely looking like I won't have my pre-order until next year..

BUT, I did see a youtube video the other day from Belford Music Shop in Australia, where they unboxed their shipments of the new 22' models. So, if AUS dealers are getting their 22' models now, we should likely see US dealers getting their orders in within the next month. So that's good news!

Sebastian C.

update: I ended up canceling my order on the M-1000 in snow white. but I ended picking up a 2005 ESP M-II so we're good lol

Chad H.

I called Sweetwater and canceled my order today. Afterwards, I was told February 2023 was the earliest I’d get my 2022 preorder if I waited. Sadly, while I have a very positive view of LTD/ESP guitars, I now have a very negative opinion on the actual company. I understand supply chain issues BUT be upfront and keep customers posted…don’t string us along. I’ll never preorder from them ever again for any reason

Post to Thread