Does anyone else want to see a 5 string Phoenix bass?

Updated
dirt bag
Come on bitches, make a 5 string Phoenix bass. I would buy one in a flash.
NeedsMoreBlueBell

I'm not sure how anyone else feels about it, but I like the idea. My friend would be all over it, since he's been looking for a 5-string Thunderbird bass.

And while reading this, I just saw that Epiphone already did that.

Gfunk

I doubt Phoenixes are made for much longer. Maybe another year or two, but I doubt they become a mainstay in ESPs lineup.

load more replies (2 of 2)
dirt bag

I have a Gibson Thunderbird bass, don't play it live at all anymore. It's real top heavy and I think I paid way to much for it. Its also a four string which is not as useful to me as a five. I hope the Phoenix is like an improved T-Bird with better electronics for a better price. I have not played one yet and it is only available in a four string which for me is not even a bass I would consider buying. I am a big fan of the Phoenix body style and ESP basses. I gig now with a B405SM and a D-5. I have played the Epiphone 5 String and wasn't impressed even though I can get one for around $600. Which when I want a bass to gig alot with I don't like spending big bucks, shit just gets F'd up and stolen. I believe there is an opportunity for a kick ass Phoenix 5 string and think it could be a big seller if it falls right between the Gibson and epiphone and plays and sounds like my B405SM LTD. And that would effect sales in a big way.

Gfunk

And that would effect sales in a big way.

Yeah.

Heys hon, yous should go for a loooong walk on the boardwalk and get some fresh air, hon.

I think dem Thrashers fries has dun mushed yur brain, hon.

load more replies (1 of 1)
dirt bag

ESP so when are you going to tell us the good news???? I got new Phoenix 5 string money burn'n a hole in my pocket.

Gfunk

I got new Phoenix 5 string money burn'n a hole in my pocket.

Lets see the current lineup.

load more replies (2 of 2)
twiztedchild

It would be cool if they bought out both a higher end and low end like the 204 BASS BUT AS A 205 AND THEN LIKE A 1005 bass. sorry hit caps lock lol

dirt bag

It would be cool if they bought out both a higher end and low end like the 204 BASS BUT AS A 205 AND THEN LIKE A 1005 bass. sorry hit caps lock lol
Agreed

dirt bag

I would be more interested in the lower end models LTD's for sure. I have a D-5 that I think is an awsome instrument. The quality ESP puts into a $400 bass guitar like that is incredable.

twiztedchild

Also they need silverburst.... lol But the comment about them not being around much longer, why would they have brought out new Basses and guitars in the Phoenix series if they weren't going to keep them?

dirt bag

We all are intitled to our opinions of course and that is what I'm interested in but the petty stuff is just dumb.

dirt bag

Has anyone seen a 24 fret 35" scale Thunderbird body style or does the body work better with the 34" scale?

dirt bag

Has anyone played or own a Phoenix bass, the LTD version 1004 and what do you really think of it honestly? I live in a rural area, not many good music store around. Before I ordered my B-405 SM which was my first ESP bass, I got to play a B-404 SM in a music store and it was ripp'n. So I ordered the 405 right away. Gonna have to play the Phoenix before I would try to custom order a five Stringer. Is it top heavy?
Does the glossy finish dead'n up the tone too much? Am I really ok with 21 frets? Can you do one with 24 frets or will it look stupid? etc. etc.????

twiztedchild

well a custom ordered one you could get 22 or 24 frets if you wanted, as for the LTD models I dont think they are selling them yet, I've tryed to find prices one them with no luck. and since it is basicly the same as the Thunderbirds it may be top heavy but coud be fixed with either moving the peg or getting a thick strap and no it wouldnt look stupid with 24 frets.

dirt bag

I have seen music stores on line just starting to sell the LTD Phoenix 1004 4 string basses for $799.00. My hope is ESP does an LTD Phoenix 1005 5 string for around $830-$850 That would be just affordable for me. I think a custom oder is out of my price range right now. This is the whole reason I started this thread. If there are other bass players out there who would also dig a Phoenix LTD 1005 5 string for around $830 say so. If the response is good enough they might consider a production model.

twiztedchild

really what site is selling them? And I wonder if they have the 204 ones lol

dirt bag

I think the Black still looks good and for $400 its pretty smoken! I'm pretty sure it has the same pickups as my D-5 and they sound really good. I think they sound almost just like the EMG 35dc pickups in my B 405 SM just not as hot. I just can't get threw a night gign with a 4 String, we play to many songs back to back for guitar switching.

twiztedchild

well I' a Guitarist looking for an entry level type bass lol I usally play 7 strings, even though right now I only have a 6 string. but was wanting a Non Tradinal shaped bass, I know I know the Phoenix is sorta tradinal lol

dirt bag

I'm starting to think you other rock bass players that are members of this forum wouldn't know a cool bass like an LTD 1005 Phoenix 5 string if I hit you over the F'n head with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blistered earth

^god calm down sir
this has never been a bass heavy forum not meany people here even slightly play bass a few of us do and a few members play bass exclusively

dirt bag

^god calm down sir
this has never been a bass heavy forum not meany people here even slightly play bass a few of us do and a few members play bass exclusively
I'm a knew member but thats becoming apparently obvious.

dirt bag

ESP is one of the few companies that makes really great basses for a reasonable price. In my opinion they have been the company raising the bar. They need to continue doing there job. I push there product every chance I get. Common sence would tell me they would bring out a Phoenix 5 String as they have with almost all there other body styles. Believe me I have other things to do than be on this forum but I am an ESP bass player. The basses they make are important to me.

blistered earth

ESP is one of the few companies that makes really great basses for a reasonable price. In my opinion they have been the company raising the bar. They need to continue doing there job. I push there product every chance I get. Common sence would tell me they would bring out a Phoenix 5 String as they have with almost all there other body styles. Believe me I have other things to do than be on this forum but I am an ESP bass player. The basses they make are important to me.

that may be but ranting about it on this forum will do no good wait 2 years when theyll probably do it anywhay or cough up for a custom

twiztedchild

lol Well just so yu know not ALL of their basses have 5 strings, the EX and Vipers and ECs are all ONLY 4 strings. the Phoenix is a Fairly new shape, at least to production in the USA and it just came out last year it may be a while before they even get around to getting a 5 string, I would live a ex bass 5 string , but most likely wont happen so if I really wated to have a EX 5 string my only option is to get a custom from ESP or to get the Explorer 5 string from Warmoth lol. but yeah that being said they actually need more basses this com[any is a Guitar heavey company but like you said alot of peple play there basses as well

Post to Thread