Someone please tell me the truth...

Updated
rscornutt
OK, here's the deal. I have two guitars - one is a thousand dollar Strat, the other is a less than $300 M-100 FM. Now, I've been playing for about 24 years, so I am well aware of the differences between single coils and HBs, necks, etc. I have owned more guitars than I can remember, some good and some junk. So here's what I can't figure out - my $279 ESP plays easier and better than my Strat! What gives??? I have had this guitar less than 48 hours and I already know the Strat would go before the LTD. This is hard for me, quite hard, as I am a dedicated and dyed-in-the-wool Fender man. My next question is this: are the higher priced ESPs actually that much better than mine? Do they get better than what I have? This is almost too hard for me to come to grips with.
Keith R.

In the first few years of playing guitar, I owned various high end guitars by Gibson, Ibanez, Charvel, and Fender.

One day I went in to a local guitar shop and met what would become my first ESP. An early 90's model MII Deluxe. 

I became an ESP guy that day. I began to trade off or sell my other guitars and replaced them with other ESP models.

I now own 22 ESP and LTD's.

It is all about the necks!

Check out my earlier posts of my collection. 

Fiutem F.

Yes they definitely get better.   My Hanneman is flawless.   

Post to Thread