Difference between custom and custom(?)

Updated
steelbath

I just submitted a custom order form for a quote to my dealer for a custom lefty with all the bells and whistles. But now I'm thinking about asking about a "stock" custom guitar as well.

I wanted a quote a 7-string lefty Arrow E-II with custom graphics and fishman fluence, custom wiring, etc. 

Would it be the same as ordering a "stock" spec lefty 7-string? Would it go through the same USA custom process?

Jshannon3

Be prepared to shell out some cash, man.  I filled out the custom form and sent it to my dealer, I basically wanted an M2 w reverse headstock, painted woodland camo, emg pick-ups, Floyd, just like a regular M2.  The quote came back......6800 dollars, I was like "what" I can buy three MIJ M2 guitars for that much.  So I squashed that idea, and went and bought 2 ESP E2 M2 Urban Camo guitars and man, I tell you what, I absolutely love them, the quality and craftmanship on these guitars is awesome, and they got killer tone, im just as happy with my 2 2000 dollar guitars as I would be with just 1 7000 dollar guitar.  Maybe sometime in the future I will get a custom, but 6800 dollars...….come on,

steelbath

I don't mind shelling out $6800 for a hand crafted one-off. Anything more than that, I'll pass. But my problem is that a lefty I guess has to go through the custom shop already. 

So I wonder if the price difference between a stock setup (just lefty) is roughly the same price point as a righty stock, or are they going to say because it is a custom - it will be $3800, instead of the regular $2400 for basically the same guitar only mirrored....we'll find out

Jshannon3

good luck dude, I know being a lefty makes it hard to find guitars and you may have to go with the custom option, it may be your only choice..  I wish you the best in your hunt, you're getting an ESP, you're making the right move there!!!  Rock on!!!!

LK1

just learn to play right handed guitars. that's what i did.

steelbath

25 years of playing lefty, I don't think so.

Post to Thread