distortionman

Tony Iommi Crunch?

Updated
hi ive been lately listening to some sabotage and sabbath, bloody sabbath and discovered that tony iommi has some serious Crunch going on but how does he get that tone is it guitarwise or ampwise or something else i would...
MORE »
Axel666

Recording question

Updated
So I just bought the Stomp Io from IK multimedia. My question is now, how can I record directly what I'm playing? I use Sonar 8 Producer edition as recording software. I know you can open a new track, play clean and ad the...
MORE »
DB-VII

Mesa 5:25 Express...

Updated
Anyone have any experience with it? Are you happy with it? Thanks.....
MORE »
Axel666

Recording question

Updated
So I just bought the STOMP IO from IK Multimedia. Now I would like to record some stuff. I have Sonar 8 producer edition and it always worked to record my amp with a mic. Now my question is, how do I record my songs with the...
MORE »
deus ex machina

EMG 81, 85, and 60 in the bridge @9 and 18V comparison.

Updated
So I've been meaning to do a shootout like this for a LONG time, but I've been too lazy to do it. Fortunately, I found this video on YouTube that pretty much confirms my findings: csLdjhs7r4o Video is not mine, but I found...
MORE »
Radar

Looking for a Wireless MIDI device.

Updated
Hey all, I'm looking for a wireless MIDI controller for a project I've got going on. Can anyone recommend me something? I've heard bad things about the M-audio one....
MORE »
iceman

EMG Xs

Updated
Anybody install EMG Xs in their axe? I put the 85X in my STD FX, very fizzy. I noticed that the Xs come with and require an active tone control (VLPF). I see that ESP doesn't use EMG electronics internally for tone and...
MORE »
Noise Suppressor Hook Up

Noise Suppressor Hook Up

Updated
Good day all, I was wondering if it's best to run a noise suppressor, a Boss NS-2 in my case in through the input or through the effects loop. I'm trying to add a new pedal to my set up and I'm trying to make the mess of...
MORE »
distortionman

Fryette sig:x vs krankenstein

Updated
hi again am i trying to settle between these two cause cant choose could anyone please help me...
MORE »
Neurot1ka

Help finding a power amp

Updated
Hey guys. Looking to buy a 50 watt power amp for under $700. I have no experience with power amps so i don't know where to start looking. I'm thinking EL34's but im open to other suggestions since i haven't heard an amp A/B'd...
MORE »
capoeiraesp

Boost ODs & noise gates: Making the choice

Updated
I've got a new rig on the way (blackface dual rec & engl 2x12) and I'm looking at grabbing some pedals to go with it. I'm thinking mxr gt-od or maxon od808. Also wanting to get a noise gate but I've next to no...
MORE »
Troll_ov_Grimness

What amplifiers are appropriate for a 5 string bass?

Updated
I heard that the low b string on a 5 string bass is too much for the smaller practice/bedroom amplifiers. I only need a combo amplifier for a room not at all for playing live nor in a studio just for myself. I was going to...
MORE »
holdmyown

1x10 or 1x12 cabinets

Updated
I'm about to get a Blackstar HT-5 this week, but I am undecided on what cabinet to get. I'm undecided on whether to get the 1x10 HT combo (either half or full stack) or going with the Blackstar HTV 1x12 cabinet. I actually...
MORE »
cecilbag

eighties rock plus good clean needed

Updated
Im looking for any suggestions on getting a good eighties rock rythm and lead tone but i need a good clean on top also our other guitarist plays an original 5150 and a 5150II as backup or slave ive been using a line6 spider...
MORE »
Mr.Dahl

GPD USA??? Ever ordered from them?

Updated
What about them?? Anyone in the States who have bought anything from them? Are they any good, or just shit? What about all international users here? Ever placed an order from them? How did it went?...
MORE »