DSL 50- should I jump on it, or keep what I have?

Updated
hessian101
In my local classifieds, there is a DSL 50/JCM2000 head for sale or trade. Right now I have a JCM 600 1x12 combo, a Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp, and a 4x12 cabinet. The reason I bought the combo is that I didnt have an external cabinet- which I do have now. I havent used the internal speaker ever since I bought the cab. Would there be any real sound difference between the two? (BTW, I would only be trading the JCM- I am keeping the cab and the Quad)
xnatex

whats the price?

i have a DSL100 and i love it.

hessian101

he wants 700 for it- but I offered to trade my JCM combo for it, and he is considering the offer.

xnatex

go for it.

what kind of music do you play?

LordCliffton

go for it. the dsl-50 would sound better overall anyways. the jcm600 was a chump amp, no offense.

tonyjh3

I'd go for it. I'm not a Marshall guy, but I like the DSL's and TSL's a lot
more than the 600's. Plus, now that they're no longer made their resale
value has gone up. If you decide to sell it down the road you can probably
get more out of it.

hessian101

Thanks for your input- I think I'll go test it out.

xnatex

the DEEP switch is like adding a big set of balls to your sound. good luck.

hessian101

^ sounds good to me- the JCM 600 has this really harsh high end 'spike'- I have to lower the treble to about 3-4 to make it not shred my eardrums... Still, it was really cool to finally own a tube amp- BIG difference from solidstate.

OutlawTorn

^ sounds good to me- the JCM 600 has this really harsh high end 'spike'- I have to lower the treble to about 3-4 to make it not shred my eardrums... Still, it was really cool to finally own a tube amp- BIG difference from solidstate.

+1

i want to get my hands a JVM they own all TSL/DSL/JCM

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread