triple xx thru 5150 cab?

Updated
LordCliffton
anyone ever played this setup before? the reason I ask is because I'm thinking about buying a triple xxx and already have a couple 5150 4x12 cabs & was wondering how it'd sound together, & if anyone has had any experiences with this setup. I play metal mainly but am open to other styles as well.. and the last time I played a triple xxx amp was when I was testing out an Ibanez RG7321 right before I bought it(the RG)... I believe it was plugged into either an triple xxx or a silver B-52 4x12 cab-sounded great. NOTE:I'm thinking of using EL34s with this amp as my 5150 has 6L6 tubes and I'd like to hear the other side of things for a while & believe this triple xxx will help me do that. thanks people.
DeathrollJM

well the peavey cabs are pretty much the same regarding the 5150, XXX and 6505, they have different demensions but they have the same speakers, so i would say it would sound great. A Peavey cab is going to do a Peavey amp its true justice.

LordCliffton

not too much diff between the 5150/sheffields and the triple xxx speakers then?
I only ask becuz the TX speakers are supposed models of Vin30s but in 100 watt form... while the 5150 speaks are models of EVHs old ass worn 25 watt Celestions from way back... but in 75 watt config, of course.

DeathrollJM

the XXX and the 5150 cabs have the same shefield speakers, they may be rated at different watts or voiced a bit different but the voicings sound virtually the same to me

ZephMan

Triple DOuble X? BR(.)(.)TAL

LordCliffton

thanks guys.. and tonyjh3.. very astute observation about the mids being different.. a friend and I both own 5150s and we did a shootout between my 5150 slant & his mesa tradd recto slant.. different mids is right on the money. we felt the 5150 had more high mids while the mesa had emphasized more lower mids. obviously both great cabs... but again slightly different voicings.
cheers!

Post to Thread