ISP Decimator problem

Updated
apprentice
First when I plug it in front of my amp it works fine but after 10minutes it creates huge amount of buzz that you can hear through amp when playing. For example if I hit palm muted chord and mute it quickly, I can hear the buzz for a while until the pedal cuts the signal, even when playing I can hear the extra buzz in my sound and it bothers me very much. The extra buzz fades away if I tune the threshold to -10 or 0db so the pedal starts to cut the signal before the buzz begins. The only problem is that the following procedure affects the sound so much! and I still can hear the buzz while playing:) I tried to change the battery but it didn't help. what to do what to do?
Turbo Rico

Buy a new one.

Gravy Tank

Make sure everything is plugged in right (cables, battery clip, etc...). Try using 9v adapter as well. If that doesnt work, send it back and try and get a new one if you can.

LordCliffton

Floor style HUSH units, including the ISP Decimator, are for the loop seeing as most of the undesirable noise being created is usually from he preamp of the amp, & since the fx loop is inbetween the preamp & the power amp hush units clean it up best there.

Pro rack mount units, like the Hush Super C & ISP Decimator Prorack G, are 2 channel so that you can use them both in the loop and in front of the amp, which is most likely where your 'producer' is misleading you & misinforming you by not giving you all the info about it.

Hope this helps you some.

Turbo Rico

Just a little question... The ISP G String..? Is that something new and what´s the difference between that one and the regular one?

chevy Z 302

yea its something new, if you read the site it should explain the differences pretty well.

Turbo Rico

yea its something new, if you read the site it should explain the differences pretty well.

Maybe I should... I just read some of the info I saw on eBay.

Justinschut

that G thang would work great, but too expensive for me.. I´ll stay with my NS-2 in front of the amp for now. Might get the decimator some time

Turbo Rico

The Decimator G String noise reduction pedal was designed for those who want the ultimate performance in a foot pedal and delivers performance like that of the renowned ISP Decimator ProRackG. The Decimator G String provides a totally independent channel of Decimator noise reduction that can be inserted into a series effects loop or after a preamp section with the advantage of having the Decimator level detectors track the guitar signal directly. With the G String pedal you can set the threshold and no matter what level of noise the Decimator will track perfectly without any side effects. And the amazing thing is that you can switch from high gain to your clean channel and never have to switch the Decimator G String off due to the threshold being set too high. It’s simply transparent. As can be seen in the diagram, the G String noise reduction pedal has an input to connect a guitar directly and a buffered output signal to feed the front of a guitar rig directly while providing a separate audio channel of Decimator that can be inserted in the signal chain of any guitar rig. You can insert any other pedals between the output of the Decimator G String and the input of your guitar amplifier. This allows the Decimator G String pedal to remove any level of noise you may have even with overdrive pedals at the front end of the amp

Sounds like a really good thing. Now I have GAS...

apprentice

Rig shouldn't be the problem
Currently:
ENGL Savage 120w(equiped with full set of tung-sol tubes)
Spectraflex cables
EC-1000vb with EMG's
and no effects

still waiting response to my email from the shop I bought it.

And what a coincidence!!!! my poweramp tubes broked down after I bought the pedal and played with it....tubes were only 1year old....but the pedal just cut's the signal...or at least it should..so I don't think it has nothing to do with it:confused:

or has it?

Post to Thread