Cabinet choice and ohms?

Updated
ESPdude
I have been trying to decide which kind of cabinet I would like to buy if I were to purchase a Marshall JCM 800 100w head. I understand the principles of Ohms and impedance but I am unsure how they relate to amp cabinets and tone. This is the quote that got me thinking (speaking of Marshall 1960AV cab). "The cab has Celestion Vintage 30 speakers with 16 ohm. These are not - I repeat NOT - the same as in a Mesa Boogie cab. That cab comes with Vintage 30s rated at 8 ohm. These 16 ohm speakers used here create a more traditional tone, more mids and less bass. The 8 ohm version, which is also used in Engl or Hughes&Kettner cabs sound more modern with more bass and lower mids." Can someone please explain to me how Ohms translate into different tone. Thanks so much. -Antonio
DeathIsMyJustice

Duno, but I do know that those Marshall cabs have a 70 Watt versions of the V30 in giving the cab a overall wattage of 280 instead of 240 in the mesa. Obviously they are different speakers so they will be tonal differences

Post to Thread