Anyone have any SD Custom stuff?

Updated
ZephMan
I was wondering if anyone has ordered some custom shop p/u's from seymour. All I really want is a JB/Jazz set with gold pole pieces.
Gfunk

What are you gonna use them for?

Expensive paper weights?

:lol

chevy Z 302

What are you gonna use them for?

Expensive paper weights?

damn.:lol

ZephMan

...What?

Bridge The Void

I think the SD custom shop is for fully new pickups, not just different versions of existing ones.

I'd love custom SD's but wallet will not allow, and I'm pretty happy with my Custom 5/59 combo.

LordCliffton

Why not just order some gold screws? I'm positive you can find them if you dig hard enough. Making it a "custom shop order" is not worth the extra dough, which could be as high as $150 which is the average custom shop item piece, such as the EVH(evenly voiced harmonics) pup which retails for about $180.

peace

ZephMan

Why not just order some gold screws?

Why would i need screws, you cant put them in the poles lol. I need gold POLE PIECES.

Thanks anyway man.

MV-CTM

you can't easily take out the rods though :lol and that's what he wants

ZephMan

and the jb def has 1 row of screws...

Ya, but that would be only half the pup

you can't easily take out the rods though and that's what he wants

Exactly

DeathIsMyJustice

Not to shit on your parade or anything here but whats the big deal? The gold will just ware off in a few years anyway

ZephMan

Not to shit on your parade or anything here but whats the big deal? The gold will just ware off in a few years anyway

Not necessarily

DeathIsMyJustice

Not if you dont play it, otherwise it will ware off. Its just gold plate after all

ZephMan

Not if you dont play it, otherwise it will ware off. Its just gold plate after all

Unless I savagely attack my pickups with my pick I don't think it'll ware off.

DeathIsMyJustice

Hope your still about in a few years so I can tell you I told you so

LOL, just kidding man. I know Id ware the gold off :)

Pharaoh

Hope your still about in a few years so I can tell you I told you so

LOL, just kidding man. I know Id ware the gold off :)

oddly it doesn't so much..at least for me.

Whoever said the DCS doesn't do it to existing models is also wrong...

They will make you whatever you want. I have ordered JB/Jazz setups with gold before. The guitar I did for Namm at Eastman had that exact setup.

Call Duncan and speak to either MJ or Dowy in the CS. Both are wonderful people and will make whatever you wish. (Your dealer will have to go through them anyway prolly)

ZephMan

Call Duncan and speak to either MJ or Dowy in the CS. Both are wonderful people and will make whatever you wish. (Your dealer will have to go through them anyway prolly)

Thanks dude.

Post to Thread