EMGs vs V7+V8

Updated
Terminatus
I have an Ibanez RGA121 with the V& in the bridge and V8 in the neck. I like these pickups, they're really cool. But I have been tempted to switch them out for EMG 81/81 (or maybe even 60). I like that combo as well but I'm not sure what to go with, any suggestions?
xcc

Have never tried the V7 or the V8, but I LOVE the 81s:D..I don't really like any passives tho..

Deadpulse

whatever you do, ditch the V7 and V8 immediately. Those are super muddy pickups

TheDevilHimself

whatever you do, ditch the V7 and V8 immediately. Those are super muddy pickups

+1

I had one in my RG and replaced it within 2 weeks actually.
The ToneZone is so much better than the V8.

ZULND3R

i agree too, i never liked the v7 and v8 in my RGA... i switched them out for Dimarzio Evos. However if you're going to stick EMGs in your RGA you might have to do some routing

Terminatus

I have actually been looking at a lot of EMG models, and I am interested in a combo of the 81 in the bridge and the 89R in the neck (as what I liked about the current pick up config was that I could have both humbucker and single coil sounds).

On the subject of routing, if I have the pickups professionally installed would they do the necessary work?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Terminatus

Wait... what?

Bridge The Void

Nobody gives the V7/V8's a chance!!!!

People, people, don't just chug on them. They weren't made for chug. Jeez, the amount of neanderthalic-chugging that goes on around here, I swear... :p

The V7 and V8 are perfect for Ibanez guitars. Cleans are gorgeous, chording is fat and leads are warm, fatter and screaming. They weren't designed for teh br00talZ. They are awesome pickups.

TheDevilHimself

Nobody gives the V7/V8's a chance!!!!

People, people, don't just chug on them. They weren't made for chug. Jeez, the amount of neanderthalic-chugging that goes on around here, I swear... :p

The V7 and V8 are perfect for Ibanez guitars. Cleans are gorgeous, chording is fat and leads are warm, fatter and screaming. They weren't designed for teh br00talZ. They are awesome pickups.

I said the V8 was bad. I agree the V7 is quite usable an fits most RGs very well.

velo3

I have this same guitar and am about to put the new dimarzio d activator x in the bridge and a paf pro in the neck. The v7 v8 combo sucks big time really muddy as previously stated

Bridge The Void

...if I still had my MTM2 I'd make a clip...

Post to Thread