Engl owners...

Updated
DeathrollJM
so i was thinking (more like dieing) to get an engl, as to which one, i have recently become unsure. So i want some opinions; i have heard the discussion about the fireball vs blackmore, but i'm more curious at the comparison of the invader, savage and the SE. I've always leaned toward the SE, but then again, i want something that has a raw edge but is still clear and natural. I play high gain metal so something with the gain that can support, but i want a tight and natural sound that isn't too saturated. so Invader vs. Savage vs. SE
DeathrollJM

anybody??

xchumfiestax

I'm not sure if anyone here owns the Invader, but I know there are a couple of Savage and SE owners

hermz

Saturation is kinda what Engl do.

poidaobi

Get a VHT or a Diezel.

DeathrollJM

Saturation is kinda what Engl do.

i know that, im wanting the one with the least amount of saturation. i like having saturation, but i favor tight punchy clear natural sound over saturation.

i love engl tone, im really questioning between the SE and the savage, i've heard some savage clips and think that it is beyond brutal. i am curious how the SE compares with it tonally, is it more saturated, is it more natural, where is the voicing concentration on each amp (mids or highs) etc.

load more replies (1 of 1)
DeathrollJM

^ your not getting what im saying, this is more of the description of the other engl thread, catch up on that one to see what i mean.

as i have said i love engl tone, i just ant a tonal comparison between mostly a savage and an SE

i just want a tone comparison between the two

DeathrollJM

Ans, you out there to shed some light on this?

Mahalo

hey Deathroll, go on Youtube and search for "guitarslingerans". He reviews a couple ENGLs, including the savage and an SE I think.

There is also a few great Invader clips on there.

good luck, I'm with you on the ENGL GAS.:D

DeathrollJM

yea i saw his vids they sound a lot alike, i want a verbal description detailing the differences between the two i think im still leaning for the SE though.

i might just PM ans and get his opinion on it

TheDevilHimself

The SE EL34 is tonally my favorite ENGL, but to be honest most ENGLs are really great amps.

ZULND3R

ive actually been looking into picking up one of these as well... absolutely INSANE tone, im leaning towards the savage

the_emptier

blackmore ftw. thats what im getting this summer. if i could make enough money i would get an e670, but blackmore is probably what im gonna get

HateEvent

I have an E670 SE EL34 for a very good reason ;)

DeathrollJM

I have an E670 SE EL34 for a very good reason ;)

thats the one im thinking of getting, can it get really raw and aggressive like the savage if need be? my only concern with having the SE EL34 would it being that i wouldnt be able to get as saturated as say the savage or the invader, ut if it can, im definitely getting.

ZULND3R

god these amp heads are expensive...im gonna have to actually save some cash for once

Post to Thread