can you swap an OFR directly with a OFR low profile?

Updated
zombieattack9
I think the string spacing is different , but is the stud spacing different as well?
Mark K.

I changed my LFR low profile for a Schaller OFR so, I think you can...

Butch

yeah i believe it is possible

zombieattack9

alright, cool. i'll see what happens

ozzuk1

No sorry, the OFR lo pro is bigger and has a different shape and sized baseplate...

Only the OFR, Gotoh, and Scahller FR's will fit in an OFR route....

You'll need to route the cavity bigger to accomodate the larger and angled baseplate...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Mark K.

Interesting, I've always thought that the Lo Pros are smaller
^+1

ozzuk1

Actually i've just looked at the FR site the bridge baseplate looks identical so it should fit withouta problem I wonder who decided an angled baseplate was good idea...

It says ofr string spacing is .420 inches and the FR pro is .400 inches this might mean the bridge pickup needs a non fspaced pickup unless your using rails which doesent matter what bridge you have...

Where are you getting an FR pro? people struggle to find ofrs...

You'll also need to adjust the saddles for the board radius most normal factory ofr's are radius to 10" the fr pro might be different but you will probably need saddle shims...

My bad about the baseplate, though i'm not too sure about the length it should be fine as it appears to be about as long and as wide as the ofr, it's the floyd II/ Schaller FR that is smaller than the ofr as it's got shorter screw locks...

Still I'm curious as to where you managed to find an FR pro...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread