GCX Audio switcher and mesa amp switch help please

Updated
Metallimark
:confused: Hi I need a bit of help in the tech departement....... IM running a mesa triple rect 3 ch and a roland JC120H. I wanna get a triaxis with 2:90 also. I have a G Major, and 1 or 2 stomp boxes that i wanna keep in my rig. Also have a compresor limiter rackmount, korg tuner. I know that the mesa amp switch would enable me to play those 3 heads into the same cab. But will the gcx do that too? I wanna be able to play everything in the same cab ( well i have 2 - 4X12 but i dont want 1 head in each. cause if im getting the triaxis i dont want to buy a 3 cab and a lot of time not being a rockstar lol we play on little stages and i can only bring 1 cab) Im getting a gcx anyways to run my gear all on 1 pedal board. im gonna use the 8 loops 4 preset mode. The 4 presets being my main sounds and the loop to triger the effects and everything else. im also wondering if i will be able to use different channels on my amps just by using the ground control pro or will i have to switch them with their own footswitch ?? Or as a mesa amp switch is hard to find would 2 gcx audio switcher would work with one ground control pro?? Im a bit lost and confuse so if anyone that owns either of the units or knows them good could help me i'd be really happy. Thanks in advance, I know my explanation might not be crystal clear but if you have questions that would help you help me just let me know Mark:confused:
chevy Z 302

my advice?

stop where your at and go research all this alot more, not trying to be a dick but your jumping into the lake without realizing how deep it is. Spend first, ask second is not the best choice, not knowing how this stuff works is not good either (i mean the simplest forms ie. not knowing if the gcp will control your amps)

The gcx is an audio switcher, it will not act as a load for your amps. You cannot just use the gcp with anything but the triaxis, the gcx will take up every loop to switch channels on your other two amps, quite possibly needing another gcx just to have enough loops to do what your wanting.

Search the misc section, theres another thread or 30 (:p) by sean about this near same issue and tons of info there.

My advise on gear? RJM audio, axess-electronics, or a Switchblade and if your trying to save money the gcp to control it. Your wanting to do alot of stuff which is fine but i'd advise researching this alot more before you attempt to do what your wanting. You'll be glad you did later and you'll probably save money and headaches down the line.
:)

Metallimark

Tx

Well this would be in the event of buying a triaxis but...

Now im using my tc in the loop of my rectifier and a/b switch for changing heads....

If i was to go with the gcx it would be perfect to switch from 1 amp to another being able to run the TC in either head as a loop in the gcx and all the other effects and still be able to control the channels on my head??

Would that work with the gcx setup?

Thank you

chevy Z 302

your going to need a mixer, the tc wont be able to be used in more than 1 head otherwise.

the recto's have what 6-8 jacks on the back for switching channels, etc without the footswitch right? IIRC each of those jacks will take 1 loop from the gcx, so there goes 1 gcx, at this point you'd want another one but when your already reaching on 800 for a gcx you should get a higher quality unit that would do everything, axess, rjm, switchblade, etc.

Metallimark

Well tx alot !!! im going to look into those units before i make my final move!!

Metallimark

BTW the triple recto has 4 output for switchiing beind the 3 ch and one for solo

chevy Z 302

no problem

yea i think that would use 4 of the gcx's loops to control all 4 of those functions, you may double check but AFAIK thats what it will be. My pb used 4 loops in my gcx setup but it had 2 jacks on the back that were TRS jacks. It didn't bother me because i only had like 2 pedals at the time and just like the simplicity and ability to make patches.

now it would be a pain to have to deal with half of the darn unit taken up by 1 amp.

Metallimark

Yes it would... But for my 1 cab prob would the mesa amp switcher be of any help or not at all?? cause i figure i cannot send the signal from the gcx to a single cab? so in the event of me getting a triaxis and2:90 in order to be able to switch heads or to blend 2 like triaxis and recto together and still be able to play only trought 1 cab would i need that or something like that??. Also can the gcp change my TC presets?

Your a great help BTW tx alot ( i'd rather ask questions even if it seem silly rather than buying everything and need something else or to have too many gear for nothing)

willhaven

Man, that's a shame Sound Sculpture doesn't make that anymore. There really seem to be limited options for audio switchers and amp/cab switchers in general. :(

I'm still trying to find a unit that will convert MIDI signals into variable resistance outputs so I can control analog pedals with expression jacks that are mounted inside of my rack box.

You can find units that will do control voltage to communicate with pre-MIDI synths, but that's all I've seen so far. :(

chevy Z 302

You may ask dave at LASD about a custom job, cheaper than bradshaw, great quality and a great guy to deal with.

If your interested in seriously getting it done that is, dave would be a good option to at least see what he thinks, what he could do, etc.

but your right, there isn't much out there for this sort of thing, i'd wager its something that most players rarely want to do as most have a seperate cab for the amp. Maybe a bit in the minority is what im getting at.

Post to Thread