kerry king amps

Updated
loversmoon
has anyone here checked out the marshall kerry king head or practice amp? I am interested to know how they sound. especially the little practice amp.
Baby Duck

Didnt know they were doin a practice version. I imagine it sounds similar to the Zakk version?

Turbo Rico

has anyone here checked out the marshall kerry king head or practice amp? I am interested to know how they sound. especially the little practice amp.

I´ve played the 100 watt head and it sounds REALLY good, the gate is fantastic and the Kt88´s do what they´re supposed to. It´s a very heavy amp.
Don´t know bout the practice amp, thought it be the same as the other 10 watt Marshall but with some tribals on it.:x Hopefully they made something with the sound otherwise You´re just paying for the DVD.:rolleyes:

LosingReality

Bjorn from inflames is using it on the new album.

Robomaiden

i also would like to know more about this amp too. is it possible to get a good tone at lower volumes

Turbo Rico

Bjorn from inflames is using it on the new album.

The practice amp??????:\
:p

HateEvent

I detest the noise gate on it. Otherwise great :)

Turbo Rico

I detest the noise gate on it. Otherwise great :)

Why?? The gate is really good, makes the amp quiet and You can always turn it down. I love the gate on the amp, a good feature IMO.

load more replies (1 of 1)
The Sloth

It sounds awesome..I'm a huge fan of the Marshall sound and this doesn't disappoint. The cool thing is you can get a good heavy sound without having to boost it because of the built in BEASTOR switch. I hate the gate though, but I dont like gates in general. IF I was looking to buy an amp this is what I'd go for without a doubt.

I have tried the 10w but I can't say it sounds much different to their other practice amps. I think you're just paying for it to say Kerry King on it, have tribal shit and come with a DVD...

TheDevilHimself

its a jcm800 + beast mode (= hotrodded marshall sound)

It's rather a hotrodded JCM800 with the exact tonal properties of Kerry's amp and different power amp tubes.
+ beast mode

Basically the guy in guitar world says it all. It's a one-channel amp and doesn't even have an effect loop, so it's not really that versatile, but if you put a volume pedal in front you might get more out of it. Unfortunately - and this is what pisses me off mostly about that amp - that beast mode is not footswitchable. That IMO ruins the back down the "volume poti on the guitar"-approach.

Bridge The Void

The KK head sounded really nice on the Guitarist audio demo in this months issue...until they hit the "Beast" switch. Then it just sounded awful.

Turbo Rico

The KK head sounded really nice on the Guitarist audio demo in this months issue...until they hit the "Beast" switch. Then it just sounded awful.

Depends on how You tweak this amp, it has a more active EQ I guess cause when You tweak it things actually happens. :eek: That´s a new thing for Marshall...:D

Bridge The Void

JVM's sound awesome live, my only gripe with them is that they can be a tad noisy and they do have a little too much gain. Or rather, heaps too much for me.

TheDevilHimself

That isnt really out on the market yet, is it? Did you play it?

phil

The KK marshall is pretty cool, got to give it some volume but not enough to drive the kt88's enough for my taste, sounded a little 'sharp'. It still sounded pretty great.

Post to Thread