Good Amps for Melodic Metal

Updated
MyApocalypse
Hey guys, I was wondering what a good amp would be for melodic metal stuff like kalmah or bodom. I'd prefer a half stack that would suit this type of music, but any size amp would be fine.I'm open to any brands as long as it get s the job done;) Any suggestions..? :)
TheDevilHimself

Marshall or Peavey

MyApocalypse

Any particular models in mind?

BrazilianBootyLover

I'd take a peavey jsx over a 5150/6505 any day. Plus 3 usable channels. :)

the_emptier

bodom uses marshall but a lot of there tone comes from a shit load of rack stuff so dont bet your money on one amp to get that tr00 b0d0m tone.

i'd recommend peavey 6505+, Engl powerball (or the special edition if you have the money), soldano, marshall jvm

MyApocalypse

Im looking for something not that pricey.. i don't have 1000 dollars to go spend on an amp.

load more replies (1 of 1)
the_emptier

welll if your saying only like 1000 bucks for head and the cab... then i'd recommend a peavey xxl and a marshall 1960 cab, or a randall rh series head

MyApocalypse

I'm definately looking for something less pricey

the_emptier

:) which ones?

just look at the rh series, there all pretty much in your price range and there pretty good as well

MyApocalypse

Yeah..The RH series looks pretty good. What about the RX series?

savageshredder

try looking into Bugera amps I hear theyre pretty good 5150 replicas and can be found for around $400.Arch Enemy started out on the 5150's and used them to record burning bridges.

MyApocalypse

Yeah, whenever there are threads about amps, the 5150's name always gets tossed around a few times:lol I'll check out these Bugera amps. thanks

nicknuisance

Krank Revolution 1, nuff said.

MyApocalypse

WAAAY out of my price range.

Mark K.

im pretty sure alexi is using the kerry king jcm800
^+1!!!!

MyApocalypse

english?

arsiscode

I'm trying to sell my Randall RG 150 G3 half stack right now for pretty cheap. It's in great, like new, condition. I won't be able to ship it though, pick up is a must. So that could be a problem. PM me if you are interested.

Post to Thread