Line6 Vs. Laney

Updated
Prophetian
Been a long time since I've been wanting to buy a head amp but now that I found Laney & line6 dealers around I have the following options: line6 Vetta II HD + 412T cab (1690 euros for the head + 650 euros for the cab) Laney TT100H + cab (1318 euros for the head + 790 euros for the cab) I've always wanted a Vetta II but now that I have been reading about valve amp and solid state amp I sort of reconsidered that especially when I heard that there might be a Vetta III release so it wouldn't be worth it to buy one just now and then get the Vetta III. I have tried the Laney valve and SS heads at my dealer and the valve sound/tone was just amazing compared to the SS sound/tone. Still I'm not sure whether to go for the Vetta II or the Laney head Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions?
ESPimperium

Id go with the TT, personally, altho i have tried the Vetta II and did like it, id say the Laney would be for you if you liked the tone.

Im thinking about the TT50 as its only £399 here in the UK. For those features on any other manufacturer youd be paying close to £800+.

Prophetian

damn! the TT50H is going for 1175 euros here which is almost 874 pounds!!
I'm not an expert with amp so I wouldn't say that I'm a tweaker when it comes to amp but there's always a first time! The Laney got 3 channels (clean, drive and distortion if I do remember correctly). I want something to use for recording, jammin'/practice n something that does not requier alot of maintenance hehe

Prophetian

hmmm TT is indeed amazing but Vetta IS VETTA so I guess I might go with the Vetta II after all ... just need to play around with it to get da tone i want .. maybe I'll get the TT or HD147 later .. thanks

Mr Pigwalk

If you're worried about the Vetta 3 coming out soon, but you want to get used to the Vetta in the meanwhile, I'd look around for a used Vetta 1 HD. They're pretty easy to find (and quite inexpensive) here in the US, not sure how it would be over there.

idpmofo

I'd go with Vox :p

Prophetian

actually i like the graphic displays on the Vetta .. ive never had a real head amp to tweak with so I'll probably play around with the Vetta ... pigwalk does have a good point tho so now I might consider getting HD147 and when Vetta III comes out (if it is ever going to come out or replaced!) ill just cash in and buy it!

DarkKnight369

I got the HD147 over the Vetta because I thought the Vetta was more than I needed. Although, I do wish I had 2 amps at once sometimes.

Mike, was that your recording you posted, the IWTKY Slipknot cover? If so, what setting were you using on the HD147, it sounded pretty awesome.

DarkKnight369

Cool. I have been stuck on the Big Bottom model for a long time. Well, not stuck, I just always go to it. I have always liked it the best. I want to play around with some of the other high gain settings and I really liked the tone of that recording. Thanks for the info.

Prophetian

Well, I checked the HD147 head amp (not with its cab though) and I gotta say, DAMN it sounds so good, so I'm going to buy the HD147 + cab + toneport UX8 and just keep on waiting for the next Vetta .. btw anyone tried any of line6's toneport models?

LordCliffton

get the laney. if you gig & need versatility or what have you.. get the tube amp.

any way you shake it tubes are better.

Prophetian

yep exactly, I might give it a try as well since it aint expensive =p

MeTaL

I'm thinking about buying a HD147 as well... but because I'm still living at home I don't think the 4x12 cab would be a good idea.... I'm considering the Mesa 2x12 cab. Would that still sound good ?

Post to Thread