Blackheart 5 watt Tube Amp

Updated
BLS
Anybody got one? If so what are your thought on it?
BLS

OK, just bought the Blackheart Little Giant Half Stack. First let me say that the Tone is the cat's ass! I know it's only 3/5 watts but you would be suprised how loud and great sounding it is through the BH112 Cab. Sounds so f-ing good with my Strat with no effects. Plug in the Les Paul and turn the volume all the way up and get a vintage Marshall vibe/sound. I ran a Tone Bone Classic Distortion with the Les Paul and it sounded amazing! Used my Tone Bone Hot British with my Truckster and was blown away.

If I had a video camera or mic I would post some music. I only have a guitar port without the rifftracker:\ Need a mic/camera or some recording software. Just got the new issue of GW and there's a review of the head/cab on page 176.

Here's some spec's from there site:

BH5H (Head)
BH112 (Cabinet)

Starting off with the head, the Blackheart Little Giant BH5H is a 5W, Single-Ended, Class A amp powered by an EL84 and voiced through a 12AX7 preamp tube. It's a truly classic boutique amplifier design delivered in a robust, stylish package. With a switchable pentode/triode selector and 3-band EQ controls you get the only amp in its class to deliver true tonal range, from instantaneous punch to deliciously greasy overdrive, and with precise control over output volume. Every feature of the Blackheart BH5H represents zealous dedication to true quality in tone, looks and ruggedness. Under its sexy exterior you'll find a 16 gauge steel chassis, with 1/2" corner radiuses and meticulous tolex work insuring years of reliable performance.

Set the head on top of the Blackheart BH112 cabinet. Built around a 12" Blackheart by Eminence Speaker, it's made of 15 ply (18mm), classically joined, void free plywood and is the perfect mate for the BH5H head. From its incredibly well crafted construction to its clean tolex work, the BH112 is a portable, powerful and boutique quality cabinet. The closed back tuned design and (red framed) Blackheart model 1216B Speaker by Eminence is the fruit of extensive research involving Crate and Eminence. The result is a very tight and responsive cabinet. In fact, all of the BH112's cabinet joinery is based on classic, proven design for tone and roadworthiness.

H3LL5P4WN

So you're saying, the Blackheart can do teh br00talz, then.

BLS

I am not familiar with that band? The blackheart cannot do heavy distortion without a good pedal. What I said was it has fantastic tone and with my Radial Tonebone Hot British I can get Metallica, Megadeath, Killswitch, BLS etc out of it.

Shreddy

Clips mate..you got any?

Bryan

I had to pull this thread back up because I just ordered the Little Giant last night and I was wondering if anyone could give a follow-up review after having played it for a while.

Bryan

Oh and another question. has anybody tried this head with a different cab. I didn't order the matching cab (out of stock) and I was wondering about ordering an Avatar cab with the anniversary Celestion.

opinons?

electricevil

I'm also interested in this little giant. How does it sound with a krank distortus maximus or ,for lack a better comparison, metal zone in front of it??

this is what I want to know. I'm trying to get a tube crunch on a budget.

thx

Turbo Rico

I was just about to start a thread regarding portable practice amps and when I was looking around the Blackheart came up... I play modded 2203 and I´m used to the tube sound and feel, sold my Pod XT Live a while ago and I need something that I can carry to my classes (work as a guitarteacher) and I want something to use at home with a good Slayer/thrash sound. Can the Blackheart combo do this if I add maybe an EQ pedal or something infront?
Any other good advices for portable practice amps that can make good thrash metal sounds???

BLS

Turbo,

You would have to put a distortion pedal in front of it to get what your looking for. It is a GREAT CLEAN tube amp. The good news is it loves pedals and was designed with that in mind. I ended up selling mine, as I have a Orange Tiny Terror and cab. Didn't need both of them. I have not tried out the new Blackheart 7/15 watt amp. It has a presence and gain knob on it.

load more replies (2 of 2)
El Jefe

half stack is ordered! pics and vid when it arrives

Post to Thread