how to block a floyd rose??

Updated
xx420zwill
I've been wondering how i should block my floyd on my mii and with what kind of material? thanks
LordCliffton

A piece of flat brass approx 1/16" to 1/8" thick screwed to your guitar underneath the tremolo springs... that way you can still do dive bombs like EVH and your trem will come back to rest on something solid & stable.

It only needs to be as long as it needs to be so that you can drill 2 holes in it along the length so that it can be secured to the wood of your guitar.

piece of cake, right?

3/4" W x 2½" L x @1/8" T should do it.

mrclean77

is that on your SoCal?

There are so many guitars out there that I'd be all over (at least lust after more) if they didn't have a trem - maybe I should try it to see hwo easy it is/isn't...

mrclean77

have just never given much thought to it I guess, have just always thought in terms of full-free-floating or blocked (as in locked down, bar not gonna move)

so tuning/ease/simplicity/etc is all improved by doing it the way pictured above?

el_destrukto

Do it the way Jet66 mentioned. All of my guitars w/ floyds are blocked using this method. The only difference with my guitars is that I use a piece of the same wood type that the guitar body is made of. The added bonus of doing this (blocking the floyd) is that you'll be amazed how much better your guitar will resonate.

mrclean77

is that thing pretty tight, like the threads? doesn't work it's way tighter/looser?

kinda like that, minus the whole drilling into the guitar

*EDIT* what's that one called, BLS?

mrclean77

didn't even think of using it just for setups/etc

Thanks!

N3rdAl3rt

xkj8p4Z3Rjg

Mr. Wicked

xkj8p4Z3Rjg

I was gonna post that. Rob rules!:rollin

MV-CTM

just fucking cut the strings before you undo them from the pegs lol

Mr. Wicked

just fucking cut the strings before you undo them from the pegs lol

A lot of guitar techs tell me that's a big no-no, unless the strings are already loose.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread