Floyd Rose bushings?

Updated
57Octane
I figure it would be a good idea to put the new OFR bushings in. Thing is, there place where the bushings go, has a big steel plate that seems to be stuck on with some kind of satanicly strong glue. I can't get it off much less get to the old bushings to try and pull them out. So, anybody ever do this? I don't want to mess up the guitar, but I don't want to mess up the knife edges on my new $200 OFR by leaving the old mounting posts on. So, what do you fine folks advise?
57Octane

bump 8o

LordCliffton

any pics? I'm not exactly sure what 'big steel plate' you are talking about when it comes to bushings etc.

also, mounting posts should just screw out. if the thread is the same.. go for it. however if it troubles you that bad... ya take it out if ya can.

57Octane

No, no pics. It's like, where the bushing would be, it's got a strip of steel screwed and glue over the holes so that I can't get to the old bushings. The threads are different too.
I just left the old ones in. The guitar is tuned up and working good. Better than it EVER has. So, as long as nothing screws up in the future I'll just leave it this way for now. :\

LordCliffton

cool.. as long as you have sharp knife edges on the floyd itself, all should be good.

Mark K.

stick a knife underneath it; it worked for me...it takes some time though...be shure you take the OFR bushings...it has finer threads then the LFR, so that's better...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread