Anyone seen a MX250 with two screw truss rod cover?

Updated
EXPcustom

I know they exists because Hetfield has a few. His wolf to man explorer has a tulip shaped two screw truss rod cover. Just wondering if anyone here has ever come across a MX250 with the tulip style two screw MX220 truss rod cover? I have a feeling it was a transitional thing and I bet if any ever got out it was maybe a handful. Maybe Hetfield was the only one who got a few?

EXPcustom

Let me know if this link works for you. Talked to someone at Photobucket and they are going to have new rates in about two weeks so hopefully I will have the photos back up and running again till I can get a website.

http://s301.photobucket.com/user/EXPcustom/library/MX220fukset?sort=3&page=1

Just a reminder I have a 90's era black MX250 with original case, mint condition for sale right now. 5k for forum members.

EXPcustom

simo666

Yes this is mine now , Can you confirm it was repainted please

EXPcustom
simo666 wrote:

Yes this is mine now , Can you confirm it was repainted please

Are you asking me? I don't remember selling any MX220 both white and grey sparkle that was refinished.

One more thing about 90's era ESP MX250s is they came with a brass nut that was andonized black.

simo666

HI EXPcustom  NO i was asking GuitarsCollector who i bought my black 220 off if it had been repainted but i will not answer me .

Tondog

So whatever happened then to that grey sparkle 220 if you don't remember selling it? Do you still have it then?

EXPcustom
Tondog wrote:

So whatever happened then to that grey sparkle 220 if you don't remember selling it? Do you still have it then?

Let me clarify, I had two grey sparkles over the years, I had seen a third one for sale in Japan but someone drilled a coil tap switch into it so I passed on it.

One grey sparkle had a single screw bell truss rod cover, that one I sold to some guy in Germany.

The other grey sparkle, the older one with two screws I sold to someone in the USA and I think they sold it to someone else.

Tondog

I'd suspect there were fewer of those around than the EET FUK's that went out the door. The one's you've posted are the ONLY ones I've ever even seen. None of them ever come up for sale even.

Post to Thread