KH-3 Spider Eclipse

Updated
Jeff P.

Another run of the KH-3 Spider Eclipse?

Gautamabuddha78

I do own a KH3 bold on late 90 version which I really like. Its way more heavy and less comfortable to hold but the sound is much better compared to my regular eclypse. (The grey “ Paul Launders” version). I do think that the 81 neck is nice as well compared to the later 61?? version?

I am curious about the scalloped frets but furthermore i like the old design more.

I hope we see the new KH3 on stage in the future and not being a one day fly like the Demology and the KH-DC ones. 

ESP 348

I don' like playing my 2003 Custom Shop KH3 because I think it's too heavy.

This new guitar is very cool, but highly unlikely Kirk ever plays it live on stage I reckon.

Gautamabuddha78

He did played it back in the days a lot so who knows. I also wonder how the Bonebreakers are compared to the original 81 set on the KH3. 

ESP 348
Gautamabuddha78 wrote:

He did played it back in the days a lot so who knows. I also wonder how the Bonebreakers are compared to the original 81 set on the KH3. 

Yes, he did. But 30 years later I don't see him playing this one at all man.................but you never know.

Would definitely be nice to hear the new BB pickups in this guitar.

Andras R.

According to the specs the ESP model comes with 350mm fretboard radius. Thats the Ltd radius as one of the main differences. Strange.

Big Daddy B
Andras R. wrote:

According to the specs the ESP model comes with 350mm fretboard radius. Thats the Ltd radius as one of the main differences. Strange.

Did Kirk even ever play a KH3?

Andras R.

Are you kidding me? From 1991 for 10 years. 

Andras R.

I mesaured my 2009 Esp KH3, its a perfect 305mm fret radius. So whats the deal with the new ones?

Post to Thread