No More Roope RS-IIs??

Updated
Chucksplatter
Looking thru the 2012 catalog last night....no Roope Latvala RS-II model (no pic of Roope in the catalog either - just his name in the "would like to thank the following artists" list) !! Discontinued or (hoping) new model eventually?? Love Stars but never liked the weird "skinny cross inlays" on the RS-II LTD!!
ESP

The model was discontinued in 2011. Also, he is pictured in the artist gallery in the back of the 2012 catalog. Pg 78, bottom row, 3rd over...

Chucksplatter

The model was discontinued in 2011. Also, he is pictured in the artist gallery in the back of the 2012 catalog. Pg 78, bottom row, 3rd over...

Ahhh thanx for the info Mod....& that explains the catalog pic....mine is missing pages.... :lol !!

cecilbag

I hear you chuck. I liked the roope except those inlays, very hard to find used

Chucksplatter

I hear you chuck. I liked the roope except those inlays, very hard to find used

Yeah I MUCH prefer Roopes black ESP Star w/no inlays & regular headstock....which seem harder to find....oh well - maybe someday!!

BornToLooze

I would have got one if they would have been mahogany.

vector350

I'm sorry to hear they're not making them anymore but I'm not altogether surprised. I posted about trying to obtain an ESP Sig Series RS II with the reversed banana (explorer) head stock and finally gave up and snagged an LTD version which isn't too bad. I agree, the inlays don't do anything for me either. Now I have my sights on one of the discontinued Alexi models...

Post to Thread