NGD MH1000FR any thoughts on emg swap

Updated
cecilbag
I just picked up a I believe 2008 ltd mh1000fr in trans black original floyd rose. I have 2 mh1000nt in green already ( i gig with one and the other is new in case) so i knew i would like this guitar. My question is, I normally run emg 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck like my jd600 but this guitar already sounds so full and heavy I thought maybe I would leave the 81 and get a 60 for the neck. Has anyone tried this or should i just swap it only takes a few minutes to swap but I thought maybe someone had one of these and tried a 60. Also does anyone know how to tell the year on this ive heard its the first letter mine is an R thanks guys
cecilbag

first pics

cecilbag

pics of two together

load more replies (1 of 1)
blistered earth

id suggest putting the 85 in the bridge and putting a 60 in the neck

cecilbag

thats what I'm leaning towards, thanks

DragonMF

Sweet, congrats!
Yea, try 85 (B) and 60 (N) combo.

jonta

For clean chorus sound, I prefer the 81 in neck. For other clean, 60 or 85.

Your FR is not original, it's the korean serie 1000. The last original came with the 06 model, I think

cecilbag

Are you sure on the floyd? I've got several originals and this looks exactly like them. My catalogs say 09 and up have 1000 series and I'm not sure what year this is when it came into my buddies shop we just knew he had owned it at least 2 1/2 years. If you know thanks for the heads up but I really dont know how to tell but I'll take the floyd off right now and see if I can find any made in germany markings, thanks

Spoonylove

The last original came with the 06 model, I think
I don't think so. I think they switched over to the Specials as recently as 09 or even 2010. I think his is an OFR.

Nice guitar, dude!!

EDIT:
Thanks to Way Back Machine, this is right from the 2008 ESP Web Site.

MH-1000 w/EMGs

Set-Thru
25.5” Scale
Mahogany Body
Quilted Maple Top
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Locking Nut
42mm Neck Width
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Grover Tuners
Floyd Rose Bridge
EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) Active p.u.
Finish: STBLK, STB

cecilbag

I took it off and it's definately an original floyd made in germany by schaller. I had the 08 catalog also and as far as I can tell even some 09s have an original but nothing newer those are all 1000 series. Thanks guys

jonta

Ok, ok, I'll surrender. Actually you can see the made in germany stamp if you take off the back cover plate, you don't have to take off the FR.

Post to Thread