just got my first ltd and was wondering...

Updated
mmr007
shouldn't they have some kind of ltd custom shop for made to order ltd's that make me whatever I want at a low price? Sorry, jk, I read an old thread here and it made me laugh pretty hard. Anyway, I did just got a used (obviously) M-207 and I do really like the guitar. It is not near as good as my rg7620s but I didn't expect it to be. However, even though the Ibanez's have a thinner neck, this one is very comfortable to me But here is my question....the action is good on the low B side strings but horrible on the high E side. I can almost slide a Sunday newspaper between the string and fretboard. I cannot seem to lower it at all. Turning the trem posts one way raises it (duh) and turning it the other way lowers the posts but almost seems to pinch the trem upwards. The only way to get good action is to block the trem completely in a way that forces the rear keys for the the string blocks to sit lower than level with the body. There is a metal bar in the trem cavity that the trem rests on...could that be replaced with a thinner one thus lowering the trem position? Is it even necessary as the ibanezs don't have one.... I know this is a cheaper model of guitar but it seriously can't be meant to sit like this can it. thanks in advance for any helped offered
EvolutionVII

shouldn't they have some kind of ltd custom shop for made to order ltd's that make me whatever I want at a low price?

A LTD customshop would be as expensive as ESP standard models and we all know what this means.

mmr007

sorry, but was just kidding about the custom shop....my thread is really about string height :-)

Post to Thread