Getting rid of the cheap licensed floyds??

Updated
DropD_or_DropDead
Hi guys! Here in sweden I see cheap ltd´s for sale on the web all the time. but most of ém are: M-100, MH-50 and those kind of guitars. And I really like the M and MH series.(already own a MH350 and a M10) both with string thru! =) but I hate the licensed floyd-roses on all other M, and MH ltd´s. Is there anyway to exchange the floyd to a bridge more like an tune-o-matic or something similar? Im not talking about a tremo-no or such crap. i want to get rid of the floyd! Please give suggestions.
diadorastriker

No it is no possible with a floyd route

DropD_or_DropDead

No it is no possible with a floyd route
just as i thought. damn!.. but maybe i could remove the paint, fill up the route, and then drill new holes. And make it a tune-o-matic or a string through. And also i could paint it whatever colour i want =) that would be pretty cool.. But the questions is what to use when filling the route. wood pieces and wood-glue?

load more replies (1 of 1)
blistered earth

i dont think that would work too well either

DropD_or_DropDead

i dont think that would work too well either
Is there anything else I could use as a "filler"?
some kind of plastic padding?

Creepingshredder

You can hardtail the trem.

brandono61cr

you could fill all of the holes and put in a tom but have it rescesed in to the body to adjust to the neck angle . TON of work tho , if it's your thing it should be fine .

DropD_or_DropDead

you could fill all of the holes and put in a tom but have it rescesed in to the body to adjust to the neck angle . TON of work tho , if it's your thing it should be fine .
How about the angle of the neck if i make it a string through? as long as its adjustable? Im kind of noobish when it comes to there kind of things.

diadorastriker

He doesn't want to hard tail the trem. READ!!!!!

DropD_or_DropDead

He doesn't want to hard tail the trem. READ!!!!!
Thanks =)

Post to Thread