How heavy are the ec-1000 series?

Updated
CreepingAlex
I'm asking because today I tried a Dean Deceiver, les paul model and the guitar is almost as light as an ibanez sa series and the thing is...I like heavy guitars and since I'm considering an ec-1000 I would like to know how is the weight on those.
xchumfiestax

I'm asking because today I tried a Dean Deceiver, les paul model and the guitar is almost as light as an ibanez sa series and the thing is...I like heavy guitars and since I'm considering an ec-1000 I would like to know how is the weight on those.

The EC1000 isn't very heavy. You might want to check out the new EC1000T model or maybe a used EC400AT. Haven't played one of the 1000T's personally, but they are spec'd similarly to the old EC400AT's that were full thickness with 22 frets. Should be closer to what you are looking for.

brandono61cr

i would not say there are light , but their "heavy" ether .

i would say it's 3/5 to 3/4 the weight of a LP . the EC-1K-T is thicker (T= traditional)should be similar to the girth of a true Les Paul

all Eclipses are great guitars , you'll love 'em

XxDBENCxX

Unless your neck is broken, guitar weight should not be an issue. Sound and playability are the most important. I know the pink Hello Kitty is pretty light.

Feraledge

Lighter than a Gibson, but my old EC 400 would start to feel pretty heavy after 3 hours at practice. IMO the eclipse is the best LP style guitar on the market, but not my go to.

MisterM

there is an new ec 1000 full thickness, I last saw it at the esp site, but can't find it anymore. That thing must be pretty heavy since I have a ec 401vf full thickness, and that thing is heavy!!

dawg

It is lighter than a Les Paul. It is close to an SG. Hope that helps

eetfuk14

IDK, mines pretty heavy. It's a good chunk of mahgoany

AndyPathosis

Its heavier than the deciever, but no where near as heavy as a Les Paul. We have both the Dean Deciever and the LTD Eclipse 1000 in the shop I work at, and I would say that the EC-1000 is by far the better guitar, you can't go wrong with the LTD eclipse, any of them

OutlawTorn

i miss the 400AT, great guitar

Post to Thread