difference between ec-400/1 and ec-1000

Updated
CreepingAlex
What are the differences between the 400/1 and the 1000 series? They have 98% the same specifications but the 1000 are 200€ more expensive. Why is that?
brandono61cr

spec wise there is not much of a diff but there is an unmistakeable unexplainable solidness (is that a word ?!?) that comes with the 1000 series . i find that the playablity of the higher end ltd's are just fantastic ! now the 400/1 is a great guitar but but the 1000's are really "600 pts" better , is you look at it like that !
personaly i would go with the MH-1000FR (in last years white ;) )EMG's nice floyd and i cant play on anything but the 25.5" scale (just me tho)
still remember that ESP dosent make a "bad guitar" , just better ones !

SutterCain

spec wise there is not much of a diff but there is an unmistakeable unexplainable solidness (is that a word ?!?) that comes with the 1000 series .

Yup, could not agree more. I love both my MH 1000 and my MH 401, but my 1000 is literally two pounds heavier than my 401.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Mushroony

1000 series is just a cosmetic upgrade to the 400 series. For the rest, there is no difference at all.

CreepingAlex

1000 series is just a cosmetic upgrade to the 400 series. For the rest, there is no difference at all.

Have you played both series or you're just saying it for the sake of it? I'm asking because I'm looking at two guitars, ec-400 and ec-1000 and they look exactly the same and have the same specs, so I dont understand where's the €200 difference going to.

load more replies (1 of 1)
brandono61cr

i like a heavy guitar, anyhoo the craftmanship on the 1000s are fa better ! (and sexier !)

EvolutionVII

That was a srsly mean joke.

SutterCain

Hey Evo, do you know anything about the H 351, I saw that the black version had the white pearl binding on it as well. Any idea where it's made and if it's any good?

Post to Thread