ec 1000 MGO?

Updated
SixStringer
has anyone tried the ec-1000 metallic gold? can you compare it to a slash epiphone ?....better or worse? hows the tone on the alnico 2 pros considering the guitar is thinner?....im really waiting for someone to upload a video of it on youtube
Duffy

I have played the new Seymour Duncan alnico II pro equipped EC 1000 Deluxe several times and may purchase one.

It is incredible. I play it thru a good amp at the store, as I do all guitars I check, usually a Fender SuperSonic, or a hot rod deluxe.

This is a special guitar. It has a feel, to me, that is superior to most guitars. It also has twenty four frets, jumbo's.

The gold color is very gold and beautiful and, very importantly, de-blinged compared to some of the others in the series with the extreme abalone treatment.

The tone is very smooth and heavy, as you might expect from Seymour Duncan. Great pickups. In my opinion the sound is far superior to the EMG's on the others in the series because the SD's are so smooth and full sounding without the digital tone of the EMG's. To each their own.

Would imagine that it is superior to the Epi Slash model, but have not played it.

The gold top Ltd is, however, one of the best sounding guitars I have ever played and it has a feel that is real good, no base ball bat neck here, very shallow and fast, almost like a strat.

I think it is hard, real hard, to beat a well installed set of quality Seymour Duncan pickups on a stock guitar.

This is a quality guitar all the way; a way better guitar than you may think it is. It is not all that light either, but it is contoured very comfortably.

Can't speak for the slash epi, it could be in the same category, but I'm sure it won't sound the same, but will sound quite different.

There are no Epiphone dealers around here so I can't check out the Slash version. I would really like to check out that guitar and see what I think. I have a few great Epiphones already, but am pursuing a gold top, possibly LP style.

SixStringer

wow, thanks, thats really good to know

SixStringer

so what if we took lets say, an ec-1000 vb and put sd alnico 2 pros in it.....would be similar?

Post to Thread